Which is less fatiguing: HD600 vs HD650?
Aug 8, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 5
I doubt either would be fatiguing in any way.  I have the 650's and the treble is very smooth and never shrill.  You can listen for hours with no problems.  From what I've read the 600's are similar.  

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 5
i just have both on my desk, because from anything written i could not decide! 
I am still not decided, every time I switch i like them both :D 

HD 600, more highs, less bass, brighter sounding, but i could not say they fatigue my ears. 

HD650, less highs, tiny bit more pronounced bass (which I actually like), maybe a little darker sounding but that depends heavily on the tracks. Since I listen to rock/metal a lot, i think i like the 650s more, because some tracks like nothing else matters from metallica just do not sound as good on the HD 600. 

The problem is I could find tracks where the 600 win, and I could also find tracks where the 650 win :D 

no fatigue on both however! maybe in very bright mixed tracks the 600 can be a little over the top with highs, but so can the 650s be with very dark mixed tracks. 

I will keep listening to both a little while longer before i pull the trigger on sending one of the two back :frowning2:

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 5
It is a difficult question to answer, I find neither to be fatiguing, but it might depend on how you are using them. I have a pair of 650's on loan at present to compare with my 600's and I can tell the difference, but they are both very useful for lengthy listening sessions.

However, I am using them through my Violectric V800 and V200, which gives them lots of power, which really seems to help them shine and feel relaxed.

So, it would help if we knew how you are using them and what you want from any answers given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back