Which is better: Xiaomi Piston 2, 3 or Vsonic VSD3S?
Aug 18, 2015 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DRuM

500+ Head-Fier
I'm about to press the button on a pair of VSD3S from lendmeurears based on very positive reviews at head-fi.

Before I do, please put me out of my misery. I've read a ton of posts on the VSD1, 1S, VSD3S, plus  a few about Pistons 2 and 3. I can't find anywhere which makes a direct comparison of the Xiaomi to Vsonic products.

Simple question then. Will the Vsonic VSD3S be the better purchase?

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I have the Piston 2, 3, and VSD3 (and VSD2). Sound quality of the VSD3 is noticably better than the Pistons. Build quality is noticably worse, ie. that cable will very likely fail unless you you treat it very, very well. Mine has lasted over a year (have original version with removable cable), but I made my own strain reliefs and keep them neatly stored when not in use.

I say go for the VSonic, just be wary of the cable.

In fact, look info the VSD2. Most of the sound quality of the VSD3, with a nice durable build. A good yet overlooked product.

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 4
I have the Piston 2, 3, and VSD3 (and VSD2). Sound quality of the VSD3 is noticably better than the Pistons. Build quality is noticably worse, ie. that cable will very likely fail unless you you treat it very, very well. Mine has lasted over a year (have original version with removable cable), but I made my own strain reliefs and keep them neatly stored when not in use.

I say go for the VSonic, just be wary of the cable.

In fact, look info the VSD2. Most of the sound quality of the VSD3, with a nice durable build. A good yet overlooked product.

Thank you, great reply! I'll go for the VSonic and will look up the VSD2 as well.

Regarding the Piston, the V2 has the best aesthetics of all of them imo,with it's metal body. The Piston 2 is also going for more than the Piston 3 on amazon. So I'm assuming the Piston 2 is regarded as better than the 3. 

edit: btw, I think the cable issue you mentioned is mostly with the detachable version and I would be buying the non detachable version, which is meant to be better sound quality too with silver instead of copper wire.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 4
I just ordered the dark grey non detachable VSD3S from LMUE, $59 SGP and free shipping. Guess it's gonna take about 2 weeks but can't wait to get them ! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back