Which is better to rip cds to full uncompressed FLAC? Foobar200 or EAC?
Dec 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 5
EAC rips to FLAC which you play back using Foobar so all of the above.

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Any good CD ripper will rip a perfect copy of your CDs' audio. (Any lossless format will do.) It's just a matter of which interface and features you prefer. I use dBpoweramp, but Exact Audio Copy and foobar2000 are fine as well. (The first two have very good error correction. I keep both installed just in case one doesn't do a perfect job on damaged discs.)

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 5
  just started to rip some cds what would be the best way to get the best out of my cds?

It's all a matter of interface. For the most part, get Foobar, MediaMonkey, or dBPowerAmp (try out the free versions and see which interface appeals to you), since unlike EAC these have full player interfaces. You might still want to download EAC though, as technically it's a lot better ripper when you have scratches on the disc.

Dec 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 5

It's all a matter of interface. For the most part, get Foobar, MediaMonkey, or dBPowerAmp (try out the free versions and see which interface appeals to you), since unlike EAC these have full player interfaces. You might still want to download EAC though, as technically it's a lot better ripper when you have scratches on the disc.

Just wanted to clarify that the current release of dBpoweramp does not play music and has not for some time.

Also, both EAC and dBpoweramp have unique error correction. Sometimes, dBpoweramp does a better job ripping scratched discs, though EAC usually does better. It depends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back