Which is better sr325i or hd650. I like a lot of bass.
Jun 2, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #31 of 41
I feel my best alternative right now is to go with the hd580's. It is all I can afford right now anyway. If I do like them and I want to upgrade later I always can. I think I am going to order some flat pads for my sr-80's and see how they sound. I listen a lot at work (Sometimes eight hours at a stretch) and that is why I have not been using my sr-80's that much. I can always keep these as my at home phones.That sounds like a plan. I am curious to see how my sr-71 mates up with the hd580's anyway.

Jun 2, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie
I feel my best alternative right now is to go with the hd580's. It is all I can afford right now anyway. If I do like them and I want to upgrade later I always can. I think I am going to order some flat pads for my sr-80's and see how they sound. I listen a lot at work (Sometimes eight hours at a stretch) and that is why I have not been using my sr-80's that much. I can always keep these as my at home phones.That sounds like a plan. I am curious to see how my sr-71 mates up with the hd580's anyway.

In that price range, be sure to check out the DT770-80 as well. It is closed, and won't leak sound while you are at work.

Jun 2, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
In that price range, be sure to check out the DT770-80 as well.

Currently called 770-32 or 770-250. The 770-80 is no longer produced.

Jun 2, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude

Whoa, so they've actually cut off production for sure then?

*clings to his babies*

Jun 2, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Comparing those two is like comparing night and day.

Go for HD650. It has all the bass you need.

SR325i is the crappiest Grado I've heard. Super bright with extremely fatiguing sound.

I have to disagree with that statement.I really dont' find the 325is to bright(and their is alot of people on this forum that feel the same way.)If their matched with the right amp (tubes?) they have a very smooth warm sound with really punchy bass.I find my k501 to be just as bright but in a different way.But we all here things different.I guess its a good thing their is so many different phones to choose from.

Jun 2, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude

Some of the Guitar centers still have them in stock.Might find one their if you check around.

Jun 2, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by milesbeyondjazz
...they have a very smooth warm sound with really punchy bass...

Thanks for the good laughs. They're easily the brightest cans I've ever heard with absolutely NO smoothness or warmness at all. I could use them about 15 minutes before my ears started to hurt.

I used them with tube amp. Well actually it's hybrid amp but anyway...

I know we all hear differently but saying that SR325i is smooth and warm... It just goes beyond my comprehension.

Jun 2, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Thanks for the good laughs. They're easily the brightest cans I've ever heard with absolutely NO smoothness or warmness at all. I could use them about 15 minutes before my ears started to hurt.

I used them with tube amp. Well actually it's hybrid amp but anyway...

I know we all hear differently but saying that SR325i is smooth and warm... It just goes beyond my comprehension.

I like your honesty

Jun 2, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #40 of 41
Just toss the bowl pads away... that'll sort out any excess brightness.
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by luukas
Just toss the bowl pads away... that'll sort out any excess brightness.
tongue.gif

While tossing away the bowl pads you also toss the already-so-small soundstage away. But with SR325i flat pads might be better after alll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back