Which is better for female vocal Hifiman HE1000 Stealth, Hifiman Arya Organic vs Senheiser HD800S?
May 23, 2024 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yeowyap

Head-Fier
Some quick questions:
1. Can Hiby R6 Pro II drive these headphone? Is it hard to drive?
2. Is it suitable for female vocal genre kind of musics? E.g. Lana Del Rey, Lorde..
3. which one is bang for the bucks since both in the same price range?
4. I already have the Senheiser HD660S2, is it worth the upgrade to these?
Thanks.

E.g. Female Vocal

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 7
w/o EQ and with sufficient amp - Stealth hands down.

With PEQ (not just fixed freq EQ) the 800S gets close and has better pin-point imaging in the stage. But the Stealth w/ EQ to lower the mid treble again tops the 800S

Not saying the Arya is bad just not as good, although I have not heard it w/ EQ/PEQ, so I might be shorting them.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 7
I keep up to date an audio (not the videos) playlist of female vocals. Out of these types of songs the Hifiman Arya Stealth is kingpin. Huge improvement over the original which had a peak causing shouty vocals. The Stealth is the one they should have made in the first place. It's a real upgrade over what you have, but takes 1.8 watts into 32 ohm to properly power them. If your player has less than 1.2 ohm output impedance, the Truthear Zero Blue is the best IEM I've heard for female vocals. You just need something with a really low noise floor for those since they're 10ohm IEMs. Worth it though.

May 23, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 7
w/o EQ and with sufficient amp - Stealth hands down.

With PEQ (not just fixed freq EQ) the 800S gets close and has better pin-point imaging in the stage. But the Stealth w/ EQ to lower the mid treble again tops the 800S

Not saying the Arya is bad just not as good, although I have not heard it w/ EQ/PEQ, so I might be shorting them.
So HEK stealth out of box without EQ is good. Does it consider too bright?

May 23, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 7
I keep up to date an audio (not the videos) playlist of female vocals. Out of these types of songs the Hifiman Arya Stealth is kingpin. Huge improvement over the original which had a peak causing shouty vocals. The Stealth is the one they should have made in the first place. It's a real upgrade over what you have, but takes 1.8 watts into 32 ohm to properly power them. If your player has less than 1.2 ohm output impedance, the Truthear Zero Blue is the best IEM I've heard for female vocals. You just need something with a really low noise floor for those since they're 10ohm IEMs. Worth it though.
Are you mean Arya Stealth > HEK stealth/Arya Organic/HD800s?

May 23, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 7
So HEK stealth out of box without EQ is good. Does it consider too bright?
I'd say so, but it conforms to the Harman better than the other two, and female vocals are quite good/great even so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back