Which is better between Zero and Zhalou 2.5? And with modded versions?
Aug 24, 2008 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dario

100+ Head-Fier
Hello I'm Dario, I'm italian (sorry for english
frown.gif
) I'm in search of a dac\amp for the 595, I would like to use the dac with the PC (with it's digital output) and also for other sources, and the amplifier to use for the 595 and a probable with a cowon d2 pc ect and of course also for other uses.
I have seen that these two dac\amp are the best solutions quality\price (not I would have problems to choose DAC and amp separate if I gave more quality at the same price), but between the two what would be the best choice?
And between modded version of the two?
The Zhaolu 2.5 is out of producation right?
The amp section of te both dac\amp is sufficient for quite every HP on the market?

Thanks, Dario.

P.s But if I want to use also two stereo speakers, I must buy a bigger amplifier and connect it to a line out (without the amplification stage of the dac) or amplified speakers or with good efficiency speaker I can use directly the amp section of the dac?

P.p.s Mainly I like rock, but I listen a little bit of everything.
smile.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars attacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should seriously consider the DIYEDEN SVDAC05. It has the CS4398 (better than AD1852), plus in my experience it does sound better than the Zero. Plus it takes the LT1028 opamps happily - so you will have the same DAC + opamp configuration as the newest Zhaolu, the D3. CS4398 + LT1028
smily_headphones1.gif

I will read for it, I have choice those two becouse are the mainly discussed ad budget dac\amp and all seem appreciating them
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 6
The 2.5A is out of production, yes...the 2.5C and Zhaolu 3 are still being made, if I recall rocectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back