Which is best: Koss Pro4aat or Sony Mdr-v6?
Dec 2, 2009 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pageygeeza

100+ Head-Fier
I've been looking around for some decent closed backed retro looking headphones and have happened to have stumbled across these two. I'm in the UK and have found the most expensive to be £70GBP. Basically they'll be used on various sources like my 80gb iPod, Aiwa Nsx360 and laptop, so they'd need to handle low and high power sources. I'm looking for good quality audio, good bit of bass you can feel the presence of and a good mid and high that points out different aspects of the music, but again like the bass, not overpowered. They'll be used for listening to pretty much any music you can think of, from bass heavy electro/drum&bass to classical/jazz. Both the aforementioned headphones are tagged "studio quality", so I would imagine them to be pretty good. Good sound isolation and low sound leakage is a must too as I'll be wearing them out a lot , hence hooking them up to my iPod.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you can think of any more different headphones that fall into these rather tight constraints, then please let me know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks muchly.

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Right, after a bit more noseying around, I found this lot:

creative aurvana live
sennheiser hd448
sony mdr-7506
sennheiser hd280pro
sony mdr-v600
akg k77
sennheiser hd428
PANASONIC - RP-HTX7
Beyerdynamic DT 231 Headphone
AKG K 99
Audio-Technica ATH-M30
AKG K 171MK II

As I've now found out, there is a bewildering amount of headphones about for a reasonable price, but which is the best?

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser PX200's which I'd normally use for the iPod and laptop and a pair of Phillips HP840's which I'd use on my old Aiwa NSXC360 and laptop.

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have to be kidding me... they called it the pro4aat?
biggrin.gif
that won't be selling that much in germanic countries

Hey, make us laugh too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back