Which is best for Rock music? SoundMagic E30, E50, E80, and others
Aug 31, 2015 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sampaul.p

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I am looking for IEM to replace/upgrade from SoundMagic E30(which is about to die). I liked E30 for its smooth, clear bass, enough treble and it never fatigue for Guitar riffs basically distortion sound.
I also have MEE CC51(treble is good but it is not suited for Rock music) and A151(Mid is good but bass & treble is less), but I like the sound signature of E30 than others. please suggest me the IEM for similar price tag of above mentioned IEM list.

How is the new arrival of SoundMagic E50, E80 compared to E30? Is there any other IEM which is good for Good for Rock music and it should be used for hours?

Thanks,
Sam Paul

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #5 of 8
Depends somewhat on what you listen to, given rock covers so much. 

In general, without EQ, I would not recommend the E80 for distortion sound. Its mid prominent and the treble is smooth and sweet rather than sparkly (if I've got my terms right). Basically, its not designed to produce the impact of drums, crunch of guitars, or crash of cymbals/crashes. Great for acoustic or lighter, smoother bands, not your typical hard rock.

With EQ I found if I put the bass up a bit it rumbled a bit more, still fast and tight rather than impactful but I quite enjoy it. And the general mid sound is just really nice. Its definitely not fatiguing for most music - the only issue I've had with it is with sibilance on a couple of Muse albums, but thats more to do with the recording (and how Matt sings). Ultimately though, it will not give the edge I suspect you (and I, if I'm honest) are looking for.

I can't say anything about your other options, I haven't got any of them. From what I do have, perhaps KC06a or TTPOD T1-E are worth a look, although if you have sensitive ears (like me
frown.gif
) they do not have the easiest fit. 

Sep 3, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Hello!

It very much depends on what you are looking to hear. The E80 is very transparent, and this can mean it is too sparkly for some people. The E50 has a chunkier signature and will bring out more thud from acoustic kick drums and some more body from electric bass guitars.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Which is better in terms of sound quality, smoothness, detail and soundstage between the e10's and e50's? How is the bass differ from the other? Planning to get one of those soundmagic as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back