Which In-ears for Nano Video 8GB?
Dec 6, 2007 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Vandal

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought a new 3G Nano Video 8GB and find the default earplugs crap. Plugged in an EP630 and wasn't too satisfied either. My office has a Bose intra ear set which we use to test certain MP3 players and these sounded much better.

Problem is I can't afford em. I want a good set of earplugs (in-ear types) for within 100$, max stretchable to 110 or so if they're worth it.

I'll only be using it on the Nano so they should be driven well, no amping will be used, as I use this setup in the gym too - keeping that in mind they should anchor well in the ear. The EP630 (for example) anchors well.

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 9
No replies? C'mon guys...

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 9
I'd go with the Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio (I just got a set recently and they sound really good). The Etymotic Research ER-6i are almost as good, but you do need to take some practice to get the triple-flange ear tips to fit in the ear for a tight seal, which really improves sound quality.

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by daonesteven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you should always state your preferences, what music you listen to, etc, there's just too many to state.

remember my budget it 100$ US. Genres - easy listening mostly, rock, pop, country, reggae, instrumental

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 9
Virtually anything to your heart's content and your budget, but if you live next to a Fry's Electronics (which I doubt it), then there's an IEM sale with the Harman/Kardon HP710, 720, and 730.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #9 of 9
I would look at the UE Super.Fi 3's, i have the Super.Fi 5 Pros and they sound great so if the 3's are anything like these they should sound really good for the price point. If you can save up and go for the Super.Fi 5 Pros i definitely would cause from what i hear they are a huge step up form the 3's and with the 3's being about $65-$70 depending on where you find them and the 5's you can find for anywhere from $130-$155 depending on where you are buying them from. But you are getting a dual driver earphone for that price which is near impossible to get out of any of the other manufacturers at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back