Which IEMs to use with a Xperia X10?
Nov 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Soul_Est

100+ Head-Fier
My SanDisk Sansa Clip+ has been dead and gone for a while now.  Other portable sources have replaced it but those were short-lived. I tried using my Motorola Milestone but stopped after getting distracted by the noise and finding out why the headphone jack was loose.  It's been months now and I really miss listening to music on the go.  I tried my HifiMAN RE252 with the Xperia X10 that I recently acquired and the SQ is good but the noise is incredibly distracting.  As such I'm currently looking for IEMs that come close to RE252 sound signature but with higher impedance and lower sensitivity specifications to reduce the noise I hear to almost nil if not nil.  The music I listen to varies quite a bit but usually lies within Jazz, Classical, Hip Hop, Rock (Vintage and Alternative), Trance, DubStep and Electronica.  My current budget is $120.00 CDN including taxes and S&H (might go higher).  With that in mind, I picked out three so far due to their specifications and reviews:

1. Panasonic HJE900 Zirconia (26 Ohm @ 1 kHz, 100 db @ 1 mW)
  2. HifiMAN RE0 (64 Ohm @ 1 kHz, 100 db @ 1 mW)
  3. Phonak Audeo PFE 012 Perfect Bass (32 Ohm @ 1 kHz, 107 db @ 1 mW)

I figured I might just go with the HifiMAN RE0 since I enjoyed the RE252 so much but I'm not so sure as to what might be the best choice.

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 2
I posted this in the wrong forum.  My apologies.  Please move to appropriate forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back