Which IEM's to go with pico?
Jan 21, 2008 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ramblingman

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, im looking for some help...

I want to get a good amp/IEM combo for my ipod. From the research ive done on this site it looks like the pico would be the way to go. Which IEM's would you guys recommend for this setup... im looking for the most tube like setup in a portable form which will still be accurate but smooth sounding. I plan on diy modding my ipod in the near future too.

If anyone has another amp recommendation please let me know as i havent ordered yet.
biggrin.gif

This will be my first serious portable rig and i want to try and get it as close to my home hi-fi setup as possible.

Thanks

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramblingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triple Fi's are actually what i was considering... from what ive heard they sound awesome!

Yes, indeed. They sound awesome. Bass is from the other world. Very fun IEMs.

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 7
The Pico is very transparent compared to some portable amps, so I don't think it will make a huge difference, especially when you can get for $300/$500, which is a moot point if you have a big budget.

It all depends on your budget. the SE530 sounds rich and smooth but it isn't optimal for classical music because of the recessed treble. If you can afford it, why not go for customs?

Jan 22, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 7
i love my triple fis, hence why the se530s are going, and to think, i almost didnt get then cause id just bought the se530s, just shows what a personal comparisson does

i prefer the bass of the triple fis cause i feel its got a bigger kick and is not boomy more powerful i feel

plus i think its a 2 year warrenty, they fit me better than the se530s and cost less

actually just today i connected my old aiwa stereo up in my new house, and i think i may like the triple fis better, couldnt believe it!

edt,

listen to emo/punk/metalcore 75%, techno/electro 15%, classical 10%

Jan 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the replies guys... i think im leaning towards the triple.fi's... i wish i could afford a completely custom set but i think thats a little out of my price range :p

I would love a set of the westone 3's but not sure if i can wait that long for them.... however long that may be....

What else would be worth considering in the high end IEM market?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back