Which IEM's have to be worn down the back?(cable length to the Y)
Apr 11, 2007 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Hanafuda

500+ Head-Fier
I just read a review on another site that said the Y connector on the UM1's was so close to the phones themselves that they could not comfortably be worn with the cable running down the front (i.e. wrap around ears and run down the front of the shoulders) because the Y connector was so close to the phones that it couldn't be done. Actually it said the Y connector would be at your chin. Because of this, the reviewer said the UM1's have to be worn down the back.

is this accurate?
what other IEM's does this apply to?

Apr 11, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 11
well ................. that sucks.
frown.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 11
I rarely wear um1s right at my chin, its not that short. I can put them behind my head, sinch at the neck, down my shirt, and into my pocket (for working out)

Apr 12, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the cable after the Y on the UM1s is very short. It has to be worn behind the head.

Only if you have a head as big as a melon. I'm a big dude and I don't have to. I wear them normal.

Apr 12, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #8 of 11
Yup, its true for guys with bigger heads
tongue.gif
I'm a UM1 user and the few times I tried wearing the cord at the front even with the cable sleeve all the way at the end (where the cables split), I still found that a little tight. The UM1s seem to be designed primarily with stage monitoring in mind so the cord is always worn behind.

Apr 12, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the cable after the Y on the UM1s is very short. It has to be worn behind the head.

The cable isn't that short. It does not have to be worn behind the head. I actually like the length of cord. It is on the short side, but actually comfortable to me wearing it draping down the front.

Apr 12, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, that's why some people are thinking about removing cable sleeve... I was suprised because in Shure IEMs without it wearing cable on your back would be terrible experience.

It is like lovin' a girl with buck teeth..... Some do, some don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back