Which IEMs/Earphones are best for 80$?...
Jun 3, 2015 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Wunderborg

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I saw a new drop on Massdrop which lowers the price of the Shure SE215 at 80$ instead of 200$ (plus 10$ of shipping since I'm in Canada). I don't know a lot about IEMs and earphones and, since you can't try them, I want to make sure I get the best I can for the best price. For the moment I have very cheap 35$ Sennheisers that are very colored and that I bought just to see how well I would feel with earphones. But, since I like the fact of not having headphones when I'm not home (on the bus) for example, I'd like to invest in a nice pair of earphones or IEMs, but I don't know where to look. I don't have a lot of money right now so 100$ is the max I can pay really. This is why I got interested in the SE215, because of the 120$ rebate.

To give you an idea of what kind of sound I like, I like my M50s a lot, I like my HD555 as much and I would say my favourite pair of headphones (which I don't have but which I like a lot) is the HD600. On the other hand, I hate the AKG K702, which I find way to aggressive and sibilant for me. I like warmer sound, but I still want enough high-mids and high to be able to listen to the details of acoustic music.

Thank you already for you help.

Wunderborg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back