Which IEM should I get: Moondrop Aria Snow vs. Final E3000 vs. FiiO JH3/FD1
Feb 26, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #16 of 22
Again, I get a good fit as possible and it doesn't matter to vary it, and most importantly, these are probably the thinnest IEMs I've tried yet. They just are. And I mean in general, it doesn't really change the overall quality to force the most full-sounding music or whatever.

Suddenly everyone is pretending like they are perfect or absolute, when previously they were just another option with "thin note weight". Elsewhere one also speaks of body.
They are just small and weak sounding, like one might fear IEMs to sound but not all actually do.

Feb 26, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #17 of 22
Again, I get a good fit as possible and it doesn't matter to vary it, and most importantly, these are probably the thinnest IEMs I've tried yet. They just are. And I mean in general, it doesn't really change the overall quality to force the most full-sounding music or whatever.

Suddenly everyone is pretending like they are perfect or absolute, when previously they were just another option with "thin note weight". Elsewhere one also speaks of body.
They are just small and weak sounding, like one might fear IEMs to sound but not all actually do.

Are you currently using the Moondrop 2021 or Moondrop Aria Snow? The latter is a newer model which has thinner note weight than the original Moondrop 2021. The one with the thicker note weight is the Moondrop 2021 (black coloured shell).

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #18 of 22
I have the older "normal" (Non-Snow) Aria.

I suppose I just have to keep ordering and see out what I like or can expect.
Since I was dithering between a Tin T3 Pro and a KZ ZS10 Pro or ZSX, and some redditors said the KZ ZS10 Pro is preferable, but the Fiio FD1 is still better, I ordered the Fiio. (Now I hope it's not too bright, as that was an issue of a Fiio DAC I tried years ago.)

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #20 of 22
The Fiio FD1 are more energetic and direct-sounding, and have the most perfect fit I've found yet, however they are noticeably less detailed and a little noisier than Moondrop Aria. But I had to find out that the Fiio shop excludes IEMs from returns, so my journey ended there.
Next I think I would have gone for the Tin T3 Plus, as they have a similar diaphragm as the Moondrop Aria, for similar detail retrieval, but are said to have a different presentation.

Jun 25, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #21 of 22
i'd go for the Hifiman re800 silver, $600, down to $99, (AUD), on the hifiman page, or amazon (i think)

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #22 of 22
How about the Truthear Hexa? It’s within your budget and it has a nice tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back