Which IEM of the following is more suitable for my music source and music taste? Need your help please..
Nov 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

muratdeveli

New Head-Fier
Well i am not an audiophile. Actually i am not sure about this. I love music and try to listen as much as possible. And sometimes i feel that i am hearing something wrong on the musics while others feel comfortable about it :)

Anyway, i know you guys know much more than i do so i need your help. I checked the forum a lot and managed to find out some good headphone options.

1- My source will be an iPhone 3G, and sometimes my macbook maybe. So i don't think i may buy very very sensitive IEMS while i don't have enough juice at the moment.
2- I mostly listen soft rock(U2, Bon Jovi etc.), soft jazz (Kenny G., Norah Jones, Frank Sinatra etc.), some classicals from Mozart, Beethoven etc. and some pop music of all kind from Edith Piaf to Michael Jackson.. And i am not sure about what to look at while checking the reviews about sond quality of the IEMS. I know i don't need extreme bass as i am not a bass head. I like clear sound with lots of details. Bass should be there but more importantly Vocals should be clear and all instruments must sound fine.
3- I never used IEMS before. I had a nice overhead headphones from Sony, also i was using the stock earbuds from iPhone and actually they were just OK. But they broke up very quickly. Besides that, i am sure that IEMS will sound better than earbuds. I just don't know if i will get used to living with a thing in my ear canal. So i just need a new IEM to test if i can go with IEMS. 
4- Budget is 40 usd for the beginning. As explained above, i am nıt sure about the comfort so i don't feel paying more than 40 usd for the beginning. If i feel it is OK. I can upgrade easily :)

So here is my list of budget IEMS. (created after checking the great lists of ClieOS and Joker)

a) Brainwavz M1 (around 40 usd)
b) Meelectronic M6P (around 25 usd) (also has controls/mic for iphone)
c) Meelectronic M9P (same like above)
d) Soundmagic PL30 (around 20 usd)
e) Soundmagic E30 (around 40 usd)
f) Meelectronics SP51p (around 40 usd)
g) Woodes IESW101B (around 40 usd)
h) Original Apple IEMs (around 35 usd)
i) Visang R02 (around 35 usd)
j) Radiopaq custom tuned Jazz (around 30 usd)
k) your add-on to the list?

So which one will be a better choice depending  on my source(iphone)  and above mentioned music tastes???

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 7
The JVC FXC51 are highly recommended for soundquality alone and they are durable with good built quality and low price. But if mic, control must need it then ADDIEM are recommemded and they sound great out of iPhone.

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
The JVC FXC51 are highly recommended for soundquality alone and they are durable with good built quality and low price. But if mic, control must need it then ADDIEM are recommemded and they sound great out of iPhone.

Thanks for the JVC tip. I had never heard about it before. Maybe you are trying to tell me that i should think about buying a good mid-fi IEM instead of entry level hi-fi IEM ??

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Actually i did not receive much comments to my above post.
However, after checking Joker's and CliOS' multi review threads again and again... i decided to go with Meelectronics a151 which was not on my list because of the higher price. But i saw a sale on Amazon for a151 at 47,99 usd.

It is supposed to be a good choice considering that lack of boomy bass is not important to me and accurate mids, vocals, instruments is much much more important for my music tastes.(mentioned on the first post).

I will try to write my very first review on IEMS after receiving my package.

Just a basic question.. Are there any special techniques to burn in the new IEMS? I am considering pluging it to my pc and let it run for a full day. Should i run it max. volume? Are there any specific audio files to play while burning in? 

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 7
My A151 did not change with burn in, they are a balanced armature design and don't change as drastically/if at all as a dynamic IEM would. 
When I burn in a dynamic IEM I use music coming from my clock radio or static , running at just above my comfortable listening level.

Quote:
Actually i did not receive much comments to my above post.
However, after checking Joker's and CliOS' multi review threads again and again... i decided to go with Meelectronics a151 which was not on my list because of the higher price. But i saw a sale on Amazon for a151 at 47,99 usd.

It is supposed to be a good choice considering that lack of boomy bass is not important to me and accurate mids, vocals, instruments is much much more important for my music tastes.(mentioned on the first post).

I will try to write my very first review on IEMS after receiving my package.

Just a basic question.. Are there any special techniques to burn in the new IEMS? I am considering pluging it to my pc and let it run for a full day. Should i run it max. volume? Are there any specific audio files to play while burning in? 

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
My A151 did not change with burn in, they are a balanced armature design and don't change as drastically/if at all as a dynamic IEM would. 
When I burn in a dynamic IEM I use music coming from my clock radio or static , running at just above my comfortable listening level.

Thanks for the reply.
And also i just saw your review about the A151(link on your signature)..
We definately have a very similar music taste and i am now feeling much comfortable about my choice after reading your post..

Actually, if i had ordered another iem and then find out your review, i will be very much sorry.

Thanks again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back