Which IEM is the best for electronic dance music under $300?
Oct 27, 2008 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

ThaxThax

New Head-Fier
I'm an electronic dance music listener and I'm looking for an in-ear earphone with slamming bass. I'll listen with ipod classic. My budget is $300. I"m new to this and I'm hoping to get some help from you guys. pls help me with this, if u have some experience on IEMs.

Oct 27, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 23
Apparently the Futuresonics Atrio M5 has unbelievable bass for IEMs and they cost well within your budget, around 200$ US. If you intend to order these you may also want to purchase some other tips, apparently the stock tips are awful.

The Shure SE310 may also be a good consideration; they are the recommended earphones for techno from EarphoneSolutions.com.

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure SE530 or Westone UM2. Can't go wrong with either.

Thanks for u advice. Can u tell me which one will have more bass?

Oct 27, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony EX700s and Atrio m5s. I would say SE530s but brand new they cost about $350-$450 depending on where you get them from.

Thanks for u reply. Are SE530s better than Sony EX700s and Atrio m5s? Do you mean if i can afford SE530, I should buy it?

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 23
If you can afford the SE530s, they are a step up from the EX700s and Atrio m5s. I am personally looking into getting a pair of IE8s from Sennheiser, which is in the same price bracket as the SE530s.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #9 of 23
UM2 has a little more bass than SE530 but bass still is solid on both.

Super Fi Pro is a very good intermediate IEM but the two above a clearly better sounding and much easier fit, better ergonomics.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can save up more, go for Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10!

Thanks a lot for ur reply. Is Triple Fi 10 will deliver more bass than UM2? I want to feel like i'm in the club while i'm listening EDM. What will it be the different between UM2s and Triple Fi 10 pros? Is there any reason which will show that Triple fi 10 pros suit with EDM listeners? Sorry for alot of questions. i'm very curious about that.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #13 of 23
UM2's are likely to be more comfortable, fitment wise. They're also less likely to fatigue you with the constant beating of the higher frequencies. Bass is pretty deep with the UM2, a little boomier than what I heard with the Triple.Fi 10, but not bad. I'm getting my Triple.Fi 10 back today so I'll be able to re-evaluate more closely. I've been listening to EDM music with my UM2 for the past few days, and they're awesome for this genre since the weaknesses of the UM2 don't stand out.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaxThax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to feel like i'm in the club while i'm listening EDM. What will it be the different between UM2s and Triple Fi 10 pros?

UM2 will be better because they are more up front and in your face. TFP's presentation are more distant, laid back.

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM2 will be better because they are more up front and in your face. TFP's presentation are more distant, laid back.

I completely agree. I just got my TF10 back and the distant, laid back presentation is not as engaging as the UM2. I take back what I said about the bass. The TF10 has the boomier mid bass. There's more impact, but also more uncontrolled boom. The UM2's bass is a little more controlled and deeper, but has less impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back