Which IEM for EDM? V-Moda Zn or 1More Quad Driver

Which IEM for EDM? V-Moda Zn (Microdynamic) or 1More Quad Driver (3 BAs & 1 dynamic [hybrid])

• V-Moda Zn

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 1More Quad Driver

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
May 1, 2017 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

deadrat6

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm planning to get a new pair of IEM and I need your help. Currently, I'm stuck between the V-Moda Zn (Microdynamic Driver) and the 1More Quad Driver (3 Balanced Armature & 1 Carbon Dynamic Driver [Hybrid]). I listen to mainly EDM (house, bigroom, trance, hardstyle & liquid dnb) and I would like to hear from you which one of this IEM you would recommend.

* Despite the Zn having microdynamic driver, the engineering team at V-Moda have tuned it to have clarity and balanced sound (as stated on their v-moda zn webpage)

May 1, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 9
I would add to your list the RHA T20, Fidue A83, Dunu DN2000J, and the Senn IE80. You might read about those and see what you think. It is possible one of those could work better for you. Of those you list, I would prefer the sound signature of the 1More Quad Driver.

May 1, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 9
Best IEM for EDM I've ever heard is the XBA-Z5. FX-1200 comes 2nd.

May 3, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 9
I would add to your list the RHA T20, Fidue A83, Dunu DN2000J, and the Senn IE80. You might read about those and see what you think. It is possible one of those could work better for you. Of those you list, I would prefer the sound signature of the 1More Quad Driver.
Of what you suggested, they're either way too high for my budget or too "weird" looking for my liking. So still, I'm sticking to these two.

How's the bass on the Quad Driver? Compared to the Zn?

May 3, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 9
I would same the bass is the same on the Quad drivers versus the Triple drivers. They just have more high end extension than the triples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back