Which iem/bud has the longest cable?
Mar 6, 2010 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
I like keeping my touch in my pocket. Problem is that the cable on my pk3s is too short. I need something with more cable length. What would work well in this situation? I prefer a bud or something non isolating like the pk3.

Thanks for any help.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 10
The RE0 ships with an extension cable.
You could probably just buy an extension cable, but that might be a bit much if you just want to have it to your pocket. I've never had a problem with 1.25m cables in my pocket, just right for me.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 10
I was looking for an extension cable on the site. Hmmm.

Problem is the cable does not reach when I run it from my pocket up my back. So I am constantly tangling the cable in everything when I lean over. I spilled my teacup the other day b/c of it.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 10
yea i think the best solution would be an extension cable. i'm sure you could find one easily if you just make a post here. Someone must have one that is not being used here. though if you do want to buy a new bud, the pk1 has 6 ft cord whereas the pk3 has a 5 ft cord. but i don't know if you wanna spend that much more just to get a longer cord.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 10
Yeah. I was thinking of just replacing the whole thing. I believe 6 ft would work b/c 5 ft doesn't. Still, there does not appear to be a cable extension for the Pk3.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjets28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i think the best solution would be an extension cable. i'm sure you could find one easily if you just make a post here. Someone must have one that is not being used here. though if you do want to buy a new bud, the pk1 has 6 ft cord whereas the pk3 has a 5 ft cord. but i don't know if you wanna spend that much more just to get a longer cord.

Right about the PK1, which I find as a worth while upgrade from the PK3 as well as PK2. I on the other hand wouldn't mind that the cable on the PK1 be as short as the PK3. Such a twisted world at times.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 10
The PK1 is a bit more than I want to spend though. Most of my portable listening is podcasts, comedy, sports. Music is mostly out of my desktop rig.

I guess I could email head direct for an extension cable?

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 10
If you post in the FS forum someone will likely sell theirs. I know I never used mine when I had the RE0, it stayed nicely coiled up from the factory.

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you post in the FS forum someone will likely sell theirs. I know I never used mine when I had the RE0, it stayed nicely coiled up from the factory.

Not a bad idea. I emailed head direct but no reply yet.

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #10 of 10
What you want is a mini-stereo extension cable, available at any half-serious speaker shop, on- or offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back