Which high quality full-size headphones have the most BASS!!!
Apr 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #76 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go wash your mouth out with soap!

Blasphemy!

More like wash his fingers...Its been doing the talking
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #77 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If we set up a scale where pathetically wimpy bass (K701) is 1 and lifelike bass (DT770 Pro) is 10, then the HD280s are about 8 or 9.
How is that fact relevant to this thread, though?

Judging from that statement alone, we all know how accurate your judgment is.
rolleyes.gif

The HD280 is a very well known headphone that's notoriously light in bass. Yet, you rated it to have almost the same amount of quantity as the DT770 Pro.

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #78 of 106
Due to a certain individual, any thread about 'bass' has been degraded into a bunch of personal attacks and worthless whines.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #80 of 106
Though I totally agree with you Boomana on everything you have said to intoart, this is an argument that you can't win, all he is gonna reply is that we are all stupid, that he knows how everything is supposed to sound, and that the DT770/80 is the best headphone in the world. Its better to just either add him to your ignore list, or just read past his posts. Its too bad for new people looking for some good advice, and getting spammed by this 'intoart', but I'm not gonna waste another post to the likes of intoart (and I could list a couple more!).

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #81 of 106
//off topic

Hey vvanrij I heard you like pro 900. Are they really bass monsters and would you recommend them for electronic music?

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #82 of 106
Hmm, if I could chime in without being flamed to hell, I think the Denons and Sennheisers are the most realistic, live sounding headphones.

These headphones all have a 2-4db bump in the 20-150hz range, to make up for lost impact that speakers have on the body. This makes them seem more natural, Sennheiser and Denon didn't do this without reason.

HD600 - HD650, slighly less bass
HD650 - Smoother sound,dark, warm and lush
DENON AH-D2000 - dark, less smooth, crispier top end
DENON AH-D5000 - in between d2000 and hd650

From my experiences and the OP description, I think he'd be most happy with the HD650.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #83 of 106
d5000 are in your price range used. For a bit more I can recommend the dx1000 and Grado gs-1000.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #85 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though I totally agree with you Boomana on everything you have said to intoart, this is an argument that you can't win, all he is gonna reply is that we are all stupid, that he knows how everything is supposed to sound, and that the DT770/80 is the best headphone in the world. Its better to just either add him to your ignore list, or just read past his posts. Its too bad for new people looking for some good advice, and getting spammed by this 'intoart', but I'm not gonna waste another post to the likes of intoart (and I could list a couple more!).

I agree with what you said, but I think we should always warn the newer members about him.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #86 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardstyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
//off topic

Hey vvanrij I heard you like pro 900. Are they really bass monsters and would you recommend them for electronic music?

Stock they are indeed quite heavy on the bass, but like the ED9, the quality of the bass is amazing. I don't know any other headphone that can deliver the quality and quantity of bass in the lower regions like the Pro900. The ED9 also has excellent bass, but sounded to me more like it had a hump in the mid-bass (if that makes sense, so not the really low bass, just above that). Both tightened up tremendous by using a stronger amp.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #87 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know any other headphone that can deliver the quality and quantity of bass in the lower regions like the Pro900. .

Interesting. Some people say Terminator V4 have bass out of this world as well. Unfortunately I can't find anyone who can compare these 2 headphones. V4 still only has 770pro drivers and pro900 is a brand new model featuring new technology I suppose.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #88 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfaughn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, this is revealing. This leaves no room for a can with too much bass. It looks like there is "no such thing"...

"But these go to eleven." --Nigel Tufnel

There may be a can with too much bass, but if so I haven't heard it yet.

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #89 of 106
2 subwoofers strapped to your head?
tongue.gif

Don't take that negatively.

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #90 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I again ask you to name which headphones you have owned or have had loaned to you for a least a couple weeks, and also discuss which sources, amps, etc you specifically used with each since, as you know, they play an important part.

Own or owned: DT770 Pro, DT150, portable Sennheisers (don't remember the model), HD280s, D5000s, K701s, Triports, some full-size Koss (don't remember the model), One of the Sony MDRs (again, don't remember the model), and various earbuds and headphones packaged with portable gear (all of which I threw away.)
I can't name the others that I have spent time with at friend's houses and colleges, but I am sure there was at least one Grado in there.
My sources have always been CD players (or turntables back before CDs made vinyl obsolete.) I have never used an ipod or computer file as a source.
Amps include recievers by Onkyo, Denon, and Yamaha, a Cambridge integrated, and the Little Dot I+.

Having said all that, I must once again point out that it is irrelevant except for the two allegedly "high-end" models I use for comparison (the D5000 and K701.) When I state the fact that DT770s are awesome phones, that is based on listening to them, not on comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back