Which Headphones?
Jun 27, 2006 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GazBaz

New Head-Fier
Hello

I want to get some new in-ear headphones but I am not sure on which ones to buy. The majority of my use is at the gym and walking to work. I listen mainly to indie rock music and do like quite a lot of bass. Basically I am wondering whether it is worth spending a lot of monry and getting shure e4c 's or spending less and getting something like the sennheiser cx300. Can you help me out by letting my know which would be better for what I use them for and whether there are other headphones i should consider.

Cheers
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 4
Jun 27, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 4
I've tried both cheaper canalphones and higher end IEMs. I don't know about the new Sennheisers and Sonys, but in general I've noticed that the sound reproduction on canalphones tends to be pretty sub-standard. I HAD to replace my Panasonic RPHJE50s because I couldn't stand the shrill, tinny sound. I moved up to Shure E4Cs, and they made a HUGE difference. I've tried E3Cs as well, and they too gave the improvement I was looking for. I'm guessing any comparable IEMs (anything in the ety, shure, UE, etc. lineups) will offer similar results.

Is the level of isolation important to you, though? For activities like the ones you listed, I'd probably prefer to be able to hear just a little peripheral noise (like cars approaching) so I don't look like a complete fool when I don't notice them. In that case, canalphones (or earbuds if you like) are superior because they don't go as far into your ear canal...so the jury is still out I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the help. I have decided to get the sennheiser cx300's as they had good reviews on here and I have got them for only £21. If I don't think they are good enough i will go for the shure e4c's.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back