Which headphones would u choose?
Nov 2, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 11
I've had the HD800S and prefer the Arya Stealth over it. They got the tuning so good I never thought to equalize it. When switching back to something else, you realize just how good it is. The original had annoying upper mids, but they got it right with the stealth version.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 11
I've had the HD800S and prefer the Arya Stealth over it. They got the tuning so good I never thought to equalize it. When switching back to something else, you realize just how good it is. The original had annoying upper mids, but they got it right with the stealth version.

Awesome, thank you! Are the stealth and organic versions different? I can choose only the Organic version unfortunately.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 11
I agree. Of what you have for options, I found the Arya Stealth to be the most fun and subjectively enjoyable. The LCD2 feels slow and the X benefits from EQ. The Focal has good dynamics, so some might opt for that--but I find the timbre to be off. HD800S is bass light.

Haven't heard the Organic for comparison vs. the Stealth.

Nov 2, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 11
I haven't tried all of the headphones mentioned, but I do own the LCD-2C and for my taste, I'd say the Clear MG is the most fun for me within that list.

I love Focal's sound signature, especially their bass slam, so I'd say its mostly down to your listening preferences.

Edit - As mentioned above, I love Focal's sound, but cannot own them since I don't find them comfortable. (Pads too small for my ears, they rub abit)

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #6 of 11
"Fun" is super subjective.
For 100$ more, you can get the HE1000 Stealth, I would add that to the list of things to test. It's the winner for me, having heard most of the ones you list.
The HD800s is great, and the runner up for me. But it's a bit more specialized to my ears, whereas the He1000 or the Arya is more all-around devices.

Nov 2, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 11
For both I'd go with the Arya Organic for sure. I've demoed the Arya Stealth, LCD-X, LCD-XC, and HD800S briefly at audio stores but have never heard a Focal. HD800S was the most comfortable but sounded the most boring with typical slow dynamic driver sound. The Audezes had best build quality, giving you a "That LOOKS like it sounds good" feeling, but were very heavy and looked ridiculous on my head. They also sounded a little dark which made them feel less detailed. The Stealth was closest to perfect in all characteristics.

And what do you mean you can only choose the Organic? Organic is $200 more than Stealth.
Hey, If u could choose between

HD800S
Arya Organic
Focal Clear Mg
Audeze LCD-2 Classic, LCD-2 and LCD-X

Which one would you take as a alldayheadphone?

Which one has the best fun sound?

Thanks!

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 11
I have never heard the Arya's personally but was never really impressed with mid-tier Audeze or the Focal Clears so I couldn't recommend those.

I would highly suggest the Hifiman just based on my own experience with them offering the highest quality sound for their respective prices.

Personally, I met my match in Hifiman with HE-500 and HE-6SE - those circular planars just do things just right for me but I have no doubts that the Arya and similar higher end models would also be fantastic - I'm just so satisfied with the older ones I never could even go beyond them.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #9 of 11
Hey, If u could choose between

HD800S
Arya Organic
Focal Clear Mg
Audeze LCD-2 Classic, LCD-2 and LCD-X

Which one would you take as a alldayheadphone?

Which one has the best fun sound?

Thanks!
i've never heard any of these, but i would have though that any of the audeze options listed woulb be way to bulky for this

Nov 3, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #10 of 11
I love my Clear MGs! Super comfortable and can listen to them for many hours. I haven't worn Audeze since 2016 or so, but I didn't like their bulk and weight. I demo'd a set of Arya Stealth and while I could probably get used to their sound, the egg-shape managed to sit directly on a pressure point. From your list, I'd recommend the Clear, though you may wish to consider the Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro as well.

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #11 of 11
Can't say anything about the Arya but have spent some time with the rest.
I would prefer the HD800S, second the focal which is super comfortable but as written before you have to like the sound signature of focal.
Didn't like the Audeze LCD-2 much.
The HD800S is a fantastic headphone which I will rebuy for sure, still regretting selling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back