Which Headphones (unamped): A900, HD595, or E4c?
Mar 30, 2006 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

quahog123

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something in the $200 range and from what I've read on these forums, I've narrowed down my choices to these 3 headphones.

My sources will be a Creative Zen Micro and an X-Fi Extrememusic. I will use them for gaming and music, but the sound of the music is more important to me than the sound of the games. The music I listen to is varied, but I mostly listen to classic rock (like Jimi Hendrix, Cream/Eric Clapton, Beatles, Pink Floyd) and hip hop (more of the underground stuff, I guess you could say it's more jazz influenced).

Right now I'm leaning towards the E4c because I can use them when I'm not at home, while the other 2 seem pretty much strictly for home use. If I get the A900 or HD595 I'll end up using the stock earbuds that come with the Zen Micro when I'm not at home.

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by quahog123
If I get the A900 or HD595 I'll end up using the stock earbuds that come with the Zen Micro when I'm not at home.

Thanks.

Or you can get an excellent sounding home can in one of those two choices then drop $13 mesely bucks at amazon for a ksc 75. Then throw the stock buds away when your Koss' arrive.
eggosmile.gif

Headfi commandment: Thou shalt not limit thyself to one can unless in extraordinary circumstances.

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by quahog123
I'm looking for something in the $200 range and from what I've read on these forums, I've narrowed down my choices to these 3 headphones.

My sources will be a Creative Zen Micro and an X-Fi Extrememusic. I will use them for gaming and music, but the sound of the music is more important to me than the sound of the games. The music I listen to is varied, but I mostly listen to classic rock (like Jimi Hendrix, Cream/Eric Clapton, Beatles, Pink Floyd) and hip hop (more of the underground stuff, I guess you could say it's more jazz influenced).

Right now I'm leaning towards the E4c because I can use them when I'm not at home, while the other 2 seem pretty much strictly for home use. If I get the A900 or HD595 I'll end up using the stock earbuds that come with the Zen Micro when I'm not at home.

Thanks.

I would say get the A900 from Audiocubes ($189) and get the KSC-75 for $13 from Amazon for when you're out and about, then you can throw the stock earbuds in the trash. The A900 sounds very good with hip hop and classic rock.

I personally find IEMs rather inconvenient for home use - the comfort of a full-sized can is preferable at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back