Which headphones to get after es7s(first headphones)??
Oct 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chews89

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey fellow head-fiers!

I'm thinking of getting another pair of headphones but i'm not sure which ones would be a good step-up from my es7s.

After my Audio Technica es7s, i was thinking "maybe a circumaural pair of cans would be nice", especially since even after doing the headband mod on my es7's, i still can't stand wearing them for more than an hour or so due to my ears aching.(btw the es7s were my first pair of headphones)

My budget is around $200AUD which is $155 USD

I'll use them mainly at home for music(a mix of rock,blues,jazz,classical) and the occasional movie. If they're closed headphones i might even bring them to the library.

So i was considering the ATH A500s or ATH A700s. Any other suggestions?

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 6
note: i do not have an amp. and my sources will be my samsung T10 mp3 player and my laptop. so yea, ill have to get some fairly easily driven headphones

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 6
What do you think about Grado SR-80s? Or HD 580s.

If you've never listened to open back cans before then you are in for a real treat my friend.

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 6
I don't think you're going to get a step up from the ES7's if you're only spending $150.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you're going to get a step up from the ES7's if you're only spending $150.
smily_headphones1.gif

x2

Just a different 'flavour'.

Oct 3, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #6 of 6
You're lucky since you live in Perth you can go visit headphonic, and maybe try some headphones out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back