Which headphones to buy for electronica and DJ'ing?
Apr 13, 2007 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jmulv

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I need to purchase a pair of headphones that will put out high quality sound and also be good for DJ'ing. I mainly listen to electronica (mostly trance and drum and bass). I was considering buying the Sennheiser HD-280's because they seem to have a good mix of quality and DJ capability...however, I think they might not be of good enough quality. I also was looking at the Beyerdynamic DT770-PRO which are a bit more expensive but seem of much better quality (however they wouldn't block out sound as much for dj'ing as the HD-280's would).

I would greatly appreciate any advice or comments. Feel free to suggest other models as well. I am looking to spend up to $250. Also, please include what amp I should buy for any suggestions you give.

Also worth mentioning -- I will be DJ'ing out of a laptop...probably using the Echo Indigo DJ Dual Stereo 24/96 PCMCIA Output Card (havn't purchased this yet...but was recommended by someone on head-fi...would you agree that this is the right card to buy for using a laptop to DJ?).

Thanks!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back