which headphones should I buy?
Jun 21, 2015 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xpacific

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I'm new here.I don't know much about headphones that's why I need some help.I currently have a pair of Beats  executive's and I want something that sounds extremely good since the Beats are just not that good. I usually listen to pop,indie and rock.My budget is $220.I was think about buying Sennheiser HD 598 or Audio Technica ath-msr7 since they both are in my budget.Also don't want to buy an amp.Any other suggestions would also be welcome.

Thank you.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 6
I tried the 598 but people around me started complaining about being able to enjoy also what I was listening to. Iow the sennheisers were too open for me. After reading more on the forum I ended up ordering Superlux HD-668 B for EUR 30,-which are very cheap and get very good reviews. With that there is plenty budget left to investigate other headphones or save up for the higher prices sets (am thinking of the Philips Fidelio X2 or HD 600\650).

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I tried the 598 but people around me started complaining about being able to enjoy also what I was listening to. Iow the sennheisers were too open for me. After reading more on the forum I ended up ordering Superlux HD-668 B for EUR 30,-which are very cheap and get very good reviews. With that there is plenty budget left to investigate other headphones or save up for the higher prices sets (am thinking of the Philips Fidelio X2 or HD 600\650).

I have the X2 and they do leak quite a bit of sound. Plus they run $300 USD. If you have others in the area you may want for get a closed set of headphones.

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #6 of 6
I've tried the X2 in a local electronics shop and the leakage seemed reasonable, but I guess you're right. However nice they all sound, they still leak. I guess I'm stuck with IEMs for now and ned to do exploration for a good closed set of cans. On the positive side I can do a lot of research and do some saving in parallel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back