Which headphones should I buy?
Jun 21, 2015 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xpacific

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I'm new here.I don't know much about headphones that's why I need some help.I currently have a pair of Beats  executive's and I want something that sounds extremely good since the Beats are just not that good. I usually listen to pop,indie and rock.My budget is $220.I was think about buying Sennheiser HD 598 or Audio Technica ath-msr7 since they both are in my budget.Any other suggestions would also be welcome.

Thank you.

Jun 21, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hi guys I'm new here.I don't know much about headphones that's why I need some help.I currently have a pair of Beats  executive's and I want something that sounds extremely good since the Beats are just not that good. I usually listen to pop,indie and rock.My budget is $220.I was think about buying Sennheiser HD 598 or Audio Technica ath-msr7 since they both are in my budget.Any other suggestions would also be welcome.

Thank you.

Can't go wrong with HD598.
The Fidelio X1/X2 should work very well if you prefer just a tad more bass.

These are all open headphones that do not provide any isolation.

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Are you OK with open cans (they leak sound and isolate poorly)?

What equipment will be powering and feeding these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking.

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back