Which Headphones: Sennheiser, AKG, or Beyerdynamic
Apr 10, 2006 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

100+ Head-Fier
Please vote for which you think would be the best headphone for rock music. And which would be best for music in general. They will have an amp, and my source will be a Ipod Nano. If you choose other, please specify in the thread. Thanks

P.S. - I can't get Grado's, because I'm in Canada

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2426
P.S. - I can't get Grado's, because I'm in Canada

Yes, you can. PLENTY of people have them used, and Alessandro ships internationally.

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 43
You might want to give a budget before someone says Orpheus....
orphsmile.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 43
Specific models/budget?

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Yes, you can. PLENTY of people have them used, and Alessandro ships internationally.

Well, I guess I can, but I don't want to buy used, and then find that I don't like the Grado sound signiture

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 43
running from a nano? Well, don't expect too much outta any of those phones. I'd have to agree with grados, if you can get them. (like that guy said, alessandro ships internationally)

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #9 of 43
Quote:

Well, I guess I can, but I don't want to buy used, and then find that I don't like the Grado sound signiture

You don't have to buy used; you could buy a new pair of MS-1s from Alessandro.

While we're on this topic, why exactly does Grado not want to ship their headphones out to specific international countries?

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 43
Can't buy Grados in Canada.

Quote:

Note to International Customers: Grado Labs has asked us to respect their distributor and dealer territories and decline all orders from the following countries: Canada, Mexico, France, Italy, England, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Yugoslavia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Israel, Slovenia, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Philippines, Oman, Peru, Argentina, Iceland, Lebanon, Thailand, Brazil, Malaysia, South Africa, South Korea, Antartica, the Larsen Ice Shelf, Timbuktu, Outer Mongolia, Inner Mongolia and, of course, North Korea.

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
While we're on this topic, why exactly does Grado not want to ship their headphones out to specific international countries?

Cause they want people to buy from the local distributors of the respective countries. For you know, business reasons and stuff.

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #13 of 43
I don't know about Vancouver, but in Toronto you can get Grado's at Bay Bloor radio, another Toronto store: http://www.cpused.com/pricelists_www/fpl_ipod.php, and I stumbled into an audio shop downtown in Montreal the other day that had a mini headphone wall and had Grado's from the SR line. I am pretty sure that none of those do shipping though :S. So I suggest look around in Vancouver for Hifi audio shops (check yellow pages) or maybe keep looking for an online Canadian place.

A question to other fellow Canadians, where do you buy your headphones, I had to order my Shure E4's from US because they are exceedingly expensive up here, and Grado's from my previously mentioned retailers are way over price as well. I searched for 5 minutes on US websites and got a price of 260USD for the SR-325i's meanwhile I haven't been able to find them cheaper than 400CAD(350USD) here. So yeah just give a shout if you know any good places to shop within Canada and that ship accross the country.

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

I know it's just an Ipod, but I will have an amp.

If the nano sounds like the 5g, then even amped it won't sound "great" IMO. Details are less apparent, and there's a softness to music. Instruments and vocals are somewhat undefined. The treble, although adequate for most, doesn't extend as high as I'd have liked. Bass isn't "there" all the time. But overall, the sound is "pretty good". (impressions with HD650 akg k701, sr-71 amp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back