Which Headphones Plz
Oct 21, 2017 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nicknack40

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all after a little help in Choosing which Cans to go for i currently have a price Tag of £350 or a little lower would be good if possable, i Currently have a MF V90 DAC and the Schiit magni 3 Amp. Just don't know which headhone to go for My music goes from Deep House to Classic Soul so id need decent Bass and good vocals. The Bass doesn't need to big just controlled. Does anybody have any recommendations on which cans. Open or Closed would be fine many thanks. The HD range seem to be most popular but with my music genre im not so sure thanks

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 11
Hey all after a little help in Choosing which Cans to go for i currently have a price Tag of £350 or a little lower would be good if possable, i Currently have a MF V90 DAC and the Schiit magni 3 Amp. Just don't know which headhone to go for My music goes from Deep House to Classic Soul so id need decent Bass and good vocals. The Bass doesn't need to big just controlled. Does anybody have any recommendations on which cans. Open or Closed would be fine many thanks. The HD range seem to be most popular but with my music genre im not so sure thanks

Sennheiser HD650 or HD6XX

AKG K712

Could anybody help with a reply please or does newbies just get ignored?

Or maybe just wait. It was a weekend, maybe people were busy, likely fun things.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #9 of 11
If you can afford $800 buy the Focal Elear and you will not have to buy new phones for a long time. I have both the Oppo PM-3 and the Elears and never listen to the PM-3s since I got the Elears. The Elears pretty much rule the market for under $1000 open back headphones and they work well with my Magni 3.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #10 of 11
Sorry even though i could afford upto £800 uk money i wouldn't really be using them that rnuch to warrant that layout £350 uk money is really the highest id want to pay really . Mainly used on a night time when everybody is sleeping so i could listen to some music and maybe the odd Film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back