Which headphones have very strong midbass?
Aug 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 32
I'd say the RS-1, but IMO that hump just muddles up the whole low-end spectrum, as well as part of the mids.

Aug 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #9 of 32
Sony MDR-V6

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say the RS-1, but IMO that hump just muddles up the whole low-end spectrum, as well as part of the mids.

Maybe you need some burn in.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you need some burn in.

Nope, happened on all the RS-1s that I've listened to; the new RS-1 (not RS-1i) as well as the classic version.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 32
German Maestro 8.35D Monitors is a good candidate except for the already known. Do the ED 9 have more mid bass then the Pro 900 for example? Read much about it having very strong low bass? Is it even bassier then the stock Pro 900. I don´t find the Pro 900 have that much mid bass though more low bass. If compared to the HD 650 and 8.35D monitors. But well long time since I heard them stock by now so my audio memory may fail me. On the Canamp pretty much all my headphones had a lot of mid bass.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, happened on all the RS-1s that I've listened to; the new RS-1 (not RS-1i) as well as the classic version.

Very interesting, I had a 6 years old RS-1 in my studio for 3 weeks. I love the RS-1 bass, sweet tight with great resolution. I don't find any flaws in the RS-1 bass or, low mid bass, more of the problem for me was in the upper mids.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by robby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mid-bass is around ~100 - ~200 khz - it makes drums to have much more force and punch.

Yeah I'd vote Ultrasones also, I've seen some drummers recommend them, in fact the HFI-780 was created to be one of the all-around best headphones ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back