Which Headphones Have Most Powerful Sub-Bass?
Oct 11, 2009 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

musik_lover

Head-Fier
I have a pair of Pro900's. I like them a lot but I want to know if there is better for sub-bass (50-150hz)? I love subwoofers and I love those powerful sub-bass sounds. Balance and all of taht is not "that" important to me. I want to know which headphones purely put out the most powerful sub-bass (amped of course).

I don't really care price-wise... But please don't suggest PS-1, Edition 9, etc. that are impossible to get without getting them used. I'm looking to buy something new.

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 14
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/epi...ension-449841/
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 14
DX 1000 can make the Pro 900 sound quite weak. They are certainly very sub like. It´s well controlled as well so they are not boom monsters. They aren´t at all as detailed and don´t quite have the bass extension though. A bit more one note but it´s a beauuuutiful note most of the time
wink.gif
If you are in europe you can get them for a bit less then in Japan or US.

Think you should give them a shot they are not just bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #4 of 14
+1 on the Titan, krmathis
smily_headphones1.gif

OP, until you've tried the Titan, I dont think you will be truly happy. They really will crush your skull.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #5 of 14
I want to try the Titans... I just am not a fan of IEM's... I have something in my right ear-canal and when I listen to IEM's with lots of bass (i've heard Super.Fi 5 EBs) it gives a strange feeling in my right ear and it bothers me.

Anything like Titans but over-ear? They can be open like Senn PX100's or like Pro900's.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #7 of 14
I was really thinking about those DX1000's... I guess I'm a little stuck.

The DT-770's are so confusing (model, edition, etc.) and I heard their quality is crap...

Maybe what I need is a frequency graph comparison? One for the Pro 900's, DX1000s and D5000? Can anyone help me with that?

I think a frequency graph is the most self-explanatory easy-to-understand way of figuring this out. Where can I find the graphs for the headphones I metnioned above?

In other words, is there a full-sized, over-ear headphone that has the bass extension of the Skullcandy Titans in this graph?

graphCompare.php

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #8 of 14
X2 on the DX1000 for quality bass

The Ultrasone HFI-780 has more quantity bass tho, so maybe look at that one? (altho I dont know how they compare to the pro ones, only know from reading the forums that the pro's are suppose to be more balanced than the hfi's and the hfi's are suppose to be more 'fun' than the pro's).

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #10 of 14
Lol well I really have to hear the Skullcandy titan now just for the sake of it. I wonder how such a headphone sounds
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #11 of 14
Have you tried the HFI-780? It's supposed to have more bass than the Pro900, FWIR. I've got a pair, and they do have great bass, both in terms of quantity and quality.

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #14 of 14
Yeah I should try those Titans... This isn't the right section I know but on Amazon.com those titans say "ear-buds" meaning they aren't IEMs? I don't have to force it into my ear canal and move it around until it fits right? If that's the case, I might as well try them shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back