Which headphones has the following characteristics?
Nov 4, 2016 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sonic Guild

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, 

I am looking for a headphones that has the following characteristics:
- Dynamic sound and punchy.
- Well extended Bass.
- Not thin/bright.
- Not super warm or veiled. 
- Good soundstage.
- Cost (not issue). 

Currently I am listening to the HD800 S which is slightly thin, I also have the LCD 3F which is warm and somehow veiled. 

What do you think of the Ether Flow vs Elear and Utopia in regards to the previously mentioned characteristics (see list above)? 
Utopia 4000 DOLLARS, which makes me hesitant. 

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 7
Well if money is not an issue, you could take a look at the Noble Katana Universal or Kaiser 10U or ciem versions? I haven't personally tried them, but from what I've read, they have the attributes you're looking for.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 7
  If you prioritize good bass, the utopia will probably be slightly "thin" for you. I would go with the ether flows, but I don't know if you will prefer them over the he1000s

If the Utopia is thin compared to the Flow, then what does Tyll mean by "Utopia had more punch"? 
He also stated that Flow is a slightly bright headphones. 

It seems that you prefer the Flow over Utopia, right? Why? 

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 7
If the Utopia is thin compared to the Flow, then what does Tyll mean by "Utopia had more punch"? 
He also stated that Flow is a slightly bright headphones. 

It seems that you prefer the Flow over Utopia, right? Why? 

If price was not a factor, the utopia is the better option no doubt and what I would choose. It just provides a bad value comparatively speaking and I would rather stick to the 1/4 priced hd800. The utopia does have great bass quality and with greater impact than the hd800 but not as warm as the elear or LCD 3. The flows have a bit of mid bass emphasis that can hurt the overall cleanliness where the utopia will be more effortless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back