Which headphones are the best?
Aug 9, 2009 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

pancakes

New Head-Fier
so, i need everyone's opinion on new closed headphones 75 dollars or under. So far i have beyerdynamic dt 235, sennheiser hd-212, Sony MDR-V6. i can buy from online too.

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 16
JVC HA-RX700, at $35 shipped on newegg amazing bang for the buck, I favor them over my $100-110 JVC HA-DX3's...you should've stated your budget or something in the title lol..I came into this thread expecting something different!

I've read a lot of good about the MDR-V6 and some good about the 212, but I can definately vouch for the JVC's. May depend on your use and equipment, I ran my 700's off of my X-Fi Xtreme Music and Auzen X-Fi Forte. I did try onboard sound, which was ok, but didn't compare to either x-fi, especially the auzen w/it's heapdhone amp. I gotta vote for what I know, i did research the sony's and 212's and came to the conclusion after tons of reading on the 700 (large threads here and other forums about this and the harx900) was the bang for the buck, I had to at least try them, now I'm glad I did...not so glad I spent so much on DX3's that just aren't my kind of sound.

beerchug.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 16
I think the Sony MDR-V6 is a terrific choice for the price. I had a pair for years and loved them. About four years ago, I got a catalog from Acoustic Sounds and decided to give the Sennheiser HD-650 a try since I spend a lot of time with the MDR-V6. One thing led to another, and you know the rest.

But if I had to do it all over again, I'd start off with another MDR-V6. It's a good headphone.

Also, I see that you live in Missoula. If you have a way to get over to Bozeman, you might want to pay HeadRoom a visit. They're good folks and you'd get a chance to try out all sorts of headphones.

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JVC HA-RX700, at $35 shipped on newegg amazing bang for the buck

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjekko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went into an Apple store recently and tried the Triports and I liked them more than my DT770. What is wrong with me?

My guess is you don't have an amp or a good source..

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

I went into an Apple store recently and tried the Triports and I liked them more than my DT770. What is wrong with me?

You may not be a full audiophile yet. When I started, for example, I didn't understand how to distinguish between 'good' and 'bad' mids. I thought I'd have to learn to listen for certain things. Now when I listen, I don't need to think about it very hard, it's just clear whether they sound nice or not.

I never liked how the Triports' bass seems to intrude where it doesn't belong, like male voices.

Aug 9, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Run away while you can! This forum is only a bad dream...
devil_face.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Run away while you can! This forum is only a bad dream...
devil_face.gif

you said it brother, jvc? bose? we have been invaded, see any pods?

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #14 of 16
At that price if you can get Triports then that's what I'd choose. They get more hate than they've ever merited on a sonic basis.

Avoid the HD280 at all costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back