Which headphones are the best for metal?
Oct 10, 2008 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

d_headshot

Head-Fier
I'd like to get a pair of good heaphones(not in-ear or those clip ons) that would sound good with either the sansa fuze or cowon d2 DAP's. Which headphones without any equalizer presets or customizer turned on would sound best with metal music, guitars, etc? I listen to a lot of different metal including heavy metal, power metal, so this is pretty important. My headphone budget is in the $50-$100 range and I can spend about 20-30 dollars more if I really needed. Which pair of headphones has the best sounding bass(crisp, not too loud and boomy, and no roll off) and just generally sounds the best with electric guitars, metal and etc?

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi, I know that they are out of your budget but...
I listen to a lot of metal (symphonic, heavy, power, gothic, trash, etc.) and I love my Triple.fi's with them (but they are +$300), the good thing is that they don't need an amp to sound really good.
I was able to try the Yuin PK1's and when amped they are really good too with those genres and have great bass (they are about $160 new, but you need an amp to make them sound good).
I hope that helps.

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #4 of 7
Grado SR-225's rock. The Grado SR-60's are a best buy. Many like the SR-80 cans for just a few dollars more (okay 30 bucks more than the $69.00SR-60's). I like Grado 325i headphones for rocking out. You don't need an amp, but if you have one the sound improves. In your price range the SR-80's should do just fine.

Go Grado.

Cheers!

Oct 11, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #6 of 7
I would say either the Portapro or the Sportapro. They have very good bass. But the Sportapro lacks of treble, more bass. The Portapro lesser bass more treble as compared to Sportapro. Price range is around $50 - $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back