Which headphones are better then the Sony MDR-V6
Jul 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

victor43

New Head-Fier
I own a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones and would like to know which other brand or model are better ? I really like the bass and treble output of the MDR-V6 but want to know does it get any better ? Also I would like to pair of headphones that are good to excellent in noise cancelling and comfort where you can wear the headphones for hours on end without feeling discomfort on the ears. Budget $100-$250.

Thanks

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I own a pair of Sony MDR-V6 headphones and would like to know which other brand or model are better ? I really like the bass and treble output of the MDR-V6 but want to know does it get any better ? Also I would like to pair of headphones that are good to excellent in noise cancelling and comfort where you can wear the headphones for hours on end without feeling discomfort on the ears. Budget $100-$250.

What source(s) do you plug the headphones into?

Audio Technica ATH-A900X, $200.

Jul 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 4
The better the headphone isolates, the less comfortable it will be. To isolate well it needs a tight fit on the ear, which causes sweaty ears, or discomfort from high clamping pressure. Changing the earpads from plastic to velour ones increases comfort but decreases isolation.

Imo the best thing for isolation and comfort is an in the ear canal isolating earphone(IEM).

The Sony V6 is good, but even the $25 JVC HAS400 headphone has much more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back