which headphone will work with new ipod shuffle?
Mar 12, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but at the same time, it is an Apple product, and will probably sell at least moderately well on that alone. The current iPod Shuffle is overpriced garbage next to the Sansa Clip, but I see a LOT more Shuffles than Clips.

people just like having a fruity little mp3 player I guess
tongue.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #19 of 32
if the sansa clip is extra small, and doesnt have a screen, i'll buy it

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #21 of 32
I like my 2nd gen shuffle alright, for what it is.

Putting a remote on a DAP the size of a remote, though, is a bit much. Especially when it's not an inline plug.

Mar 12, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How could anyone stand using an mp3 player without a screen anyway?

for running or something else where its likely to be dropped, I entirely understand and appreciate it, its one less thing to break (and the screen is usually what gets broken first)

ericj:
bigsmile_face.gif
@ your point

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How could anyone stand using an mp3 player without a screen anyway?

Everyone has a different taste, they might ask you why u need a screen anyway? its a shuffle... its random songs... Toggle switch to shuffle, press play thats it...

But what on earth is the limited controls to the earbuds, thats like the dumbest thing ever... Only one friend i know that is still using the stock iPod ear buds on his shuffle, mind you he wont pay more than $30 AUD on a pair of headphones...

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #26 of 32
Actually they should have terminated the inline cable at the remote with a 3.5mm jack so that you can plugin any of the high end IEMs or other headphones. I feel Apple have missed a trick over here.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #27 of 32
Trick nothing. They just want to sell more of their crappy accessories. it is all about $$ as usual. To hell with a good product. Get the cash!!!

Which is why nothing mainstream works as well as it could. Greed sucks the soul out of anything.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
buy something that isn't a proprietary piece of crap?

This sounds about right.

Gizmodo did an article about how it's a horrible idea, and I tend to agree.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #29 of 32
I think you people are lost in the world of hi-fi headphones.

Most people only care if they can hear the melody and rhythm. Apple's earbuds will allow that. Most people just want something tiny and easy to use that plays music they recognize. The portable audiophile world is extremely small.

And quit trashing other people for buying this. Most people care much more about a slick form factor than being able to use their audiophile grade headphones. In fact, most people would recoil in horror at audiophile grade headphones, especially while running or whatever else they're going to use their shuffle for.

Would I buy this? Probably not. Do I think its a bad product? Of course not, its what a lot of people are looking for. It seems easy enough to use and is freaking tiny. 90% of people are perfectly content with stock apple earbuds, and for many, if not most, its not ignorance, like head-fi wants to believe. They just don't care. They can hear the vocal and they can hear the beat. To most people, that is what music is.

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjrabon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you people are lost in the world of hi-fi headphones.

Most people only care if they can hear the melody and rhythm. Apple's earbuds will allow that. Most people just want something tiny and easy to use that plays music they recognize. The portable audiophile world is extremely small.

And quit trashing other people for buying this. Most people care much more about a slick form factor than being able to use their audiophile grade headphones. In fact, most people would recoil in horror at audiophile grade headphones, especially while running or whatever else they're going to use their shuffle for.

Would I buy this? Probably not. Do I think its a bad product? Of course not, its what a lot of people are looking for. It seems easy enough to use and is freaking tiny. 90% of people are perfectly content with stock apple earbuds, and for many, if not most, its not ignorance, like head-fi wants to believe. They just don't care. They can hear the vocal and they can hear the beat. To most people, that is what music is.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Stop thinking WE are in the majority - not by a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back