Which headphone is right for me?
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Neighbor808

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased ATH M50, have had them for about a week.I really enjoy them but I would want a bit more bass and soundstage. I'm looking for something around the price point of nowhere too above $160. I listen to electro, rap, house, dubstep, hip-hop, and some rock (not enough to be relevant). As you can see, I listen to mostly bass and highs oriented genres, mids from the M50s satisfy me, not too bad, you can't have it all at this price. I'm good for any suggestion for my music tastes. I would like a semi-portable option, I feel fine using my M50s out and about, for example.V Moda LP2s are looking damn good.

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 6
Use an EQ. It would be better instead of buying a new set of cans. 

EQ won't fix soundstage. :xf_eek:

Try the Ultrasone HFI-2400 (you might have to wait for them to go on sale - I've seen them yo-yo between $180 and $240 pretty regularly); won't be as portable as you want, but more bass and better sound-stage shouldn't be a problem. :)

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
EQ won't fix soundstage.
redface.gif

I have the impression that not every one understand the concept of soundstage. Not talking about you Obobskivich, but for the starter. Having the m50 for a week and later ask for more soundstage is suspicious. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 6
I have the impression that not every one understand the concept of soundstage. Not talking about you Obobskivich, but for the starter. Having the m50 for a week and later ask for more soundstage is suspicious. 

Oh. That is a good point actually - OP, can you elaborate on exactly what you want to change?

If it really is just more bass, EQ is a good place to start (any other headphone we suggest will probably not be close enough where you get "just a little bit extra" of anything - a lot of things will change); but if it's more than that, other headphones are probably the better place to start. :)

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I recently purchased ATH M50, have had them for about a week.I really enjoy them but I would want a bit more bass and soundstage. I'm looking for something around the price point of nowhere too above $160. I listen to electro, rap, house, dubstep, hip-hop, and some rock (not enough to be relevant). As you can see, I listen to mostly bass and highs oriented genres, mids from the M50s satisfy me, not too bad, you can't have it all at this price. I'm good for any suggestion for my music tastes. I would like a semi-portable option, I feel fine using my M50s out and about, for example.V Moda LP2s are looking damn good.

Beyer Custom One Pro.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back