which headphone is better? HFI 780 or PRO 750?
Jan 5, 2010 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

furyagain

500+ Head-Fier
i come to deciding between these two CANS

how these two Cans compare????
which is more comfortible???
better bass???
better sound quality?

how do they compare to dt-990 pro?

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 9
This exact question has been discussed many times before, but yes sometimes they can get a little out of hand and become difficult to get a grasp of which is really better. I have never owned nor listened to either, but FWIR, the PRO 750 is better. The HFI-780 is considered as too bassy and the bass drowns out the mids a bit. When it is modded by ALO, called the ALO-780, it is a very, very good headphone for the money. Most people say it's 90% of the ED 9 which costs a heck of a lot more. The PRO 750 is more detailed and is generally considered as a less 'fun' sounding can and more of a 'critical listening' headphone. I myself have some ALO-780 coming in by the end of the week. They can be had for around $350us shipped worldwide used on here in the FS forum. I would really consider saving some extra cash to fund for them yourself. But if you can't afford it, I would go with the PRO 750 if you don't like overpowering bass. I think the PRO 750's bass will be more than the DT 880 and DT990 you have, probably more than the DT770 but the HFI-780 will be a lot more powerful but at the expense of detail.

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 9
the 750 is utter garbage IMO and the 780 are pretty decent closed cans for the price. I even prefer them to the overrated shure 840s

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 9
how these two Cans compare???? Id go for the PRO 750.
which is more comfortible??? PRO 750 hands down.
better bass??? HFI-780 is boomier and louder, PRO 750 is more controlled and perhaps deeper.
better sound quality? PRO 750 in my opinion.

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 9
yes the 750 are probably a lot better stock, but one the HFI-780 are modded, they are in a whole other league AFAIK

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 750 is utter garbage IMO and the 780 are pretty decent closed cans for the price. I even prefer them to the overrated shure 840s

That's pure BS IMO. PRO750 is a wonderful headphone in my opinion. I have never heard the HFI-780, but I read that compared to PRO750 and other PRO series, are overall more neutral and controlled, whereas the HFI series generally have more of a V-shaped "fun" response. Personally, I thought that the PRO750 is a good combination of fun and analytical sound. It's good great, deep, punchy bass, sweet mids and sparkly highs, but they are all presented in a balanced way.

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 9
Wow...this thread again. : )
I originally wanted the HFi 780, and was going to get them with a modded cable from Moon Audio. I then got a great deal on the Pro 750 so got those instead.
I think the Pro 750 are a fun sounding headphone. Very good bass, extends deep, much more than my Shure SRH 840. I can easily get away w/o an amp with the Shures...but the Pro 750 really need the amp, even a portable one, to shine... but shine they do!

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...this thread again. : )
I originally wanted the HFi 780, and was going to get them with a modded cable from Moon Audio. I then got a great deal on the Pro 750 so got those instead.
I think the Pro 750 are a fun sounding headphone. Very good bass, extends deep, much more than my Shure SRH 840. I can easily get away w/o an amp with the Shures...but the Pro 750 really need the amp, even a portable one, to shine... but shine they do!

What genre's do you listen to? Do you think the SRH840 is better or the PRO 750?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back