Aug 31, 2006 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

chuckywang

New Head-Fier
Currently, I'm trying to decide between:

1) Sennheiser HD 580
2) Grado SR60
3) AKG K 81 DJ
4) Sennheiser HD 555

I am going to use these headphones mainly to listen to music and watch movies. I have an iPod Mini and my computer has an Audigy 2 sound card. I would also like to drown out background noise as much as possible, and also to have as little "leakage" of sound as possible, so other people beside me can't hear my music.

The type of music that I listen to is mainly classic rock, rock, and alternative. If you have another set of headphones for a similar price (say under $120), feel free to suggest it. Thanks.

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 9
Your only choice from that list is the AKG. All of the other cans are open and leak sound like a mofo.

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
Your only choice from that list is the AKG. All of the other cans are open and leak sound like a mofo.

Do the other headphones block out outside noise though?

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 9
The 555 are the best headphone that I have found for listening to TV Movies but they are open.

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckywang
Do the other headphones block out outside noise though?

Nope... if a pair of headphone is "open", it lets sound go in and out. If the headphone is closed (like the AKG 81 DJ), it block the outside noise and prevent your music from being heard by others.

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #8 of 9
I think grados would be the best for music but i think comparing the sr60s to the hd555s is unfair since the 555 costs MORE than double what the sr60 does. if its grado i think the ms1 would be a better choice. The senns would be better for soundstage although im not a fan of the 555s. id also say that etys are the way to go for cheap(ish) iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back