Which headphone for portable DVD?
Jul 18, 2005 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Surfaday

Head-Fier
I like to lay in bed, put the mini-dvd player on my chest and watch a movie. I've been using my Grado SR 60s but thought I'd try to find some that are more portable, not so bulky. I'm thinking cost in the the $50 range.

I've heard the Porta Pro's and thought they were pretty good but over at HeadRoom they're really pushing the Sen PX100's over the Portas. How about the KSC50's?

Thanks for the thoughts.

Walt

Jul 18, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Wow, its so extremely relaxing for me! Its like reading a book before you go to bed, its great to lay down and watch a movie rather than fire up the entire home theater. Even with headphones on the sofa late at night so as not to disturb the whole house, I'd rather fall asleep in bed than on the sofa.

Jul 18, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 6
IMHO sonically any of those would be a step down from the SR60.
IMHO portas an PX are not THAT much more portable than the SR60. Like the SR60, You couldnt stuff either loosely in a backpack without the risk of damage.

KSC75 would be my recommendation, although its still a downgrade from the grado (IMHO). Its the cheapest of the bunch by far at $15. I use a small tupperware as a protective case in my backpack with my laptop.

**edit**
If you already like the grado signature then stick with one of the Koss 60 ohm models. Anything else will tend to sound dull, flat and un-involving.

IMHO, YMMV
Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back