Which Headphone Cable? *Updated*
Mar 15, 2015 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

InsanityOne

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi,

I am currently in quite the predicament. I am (and have been) searching for the ultimate cable upgrade for my Fostex TH600's. But alas, I am stuck between three options and I just cannot decide which is the best route to go; even after spending tons of hours pouring over the various threads here on Head-Fi. So I would like to enlist your help, please tell me which cable would best suit my needs and provide the best sonic upgrade to my TH600's!

The three options I am considering are:

#1 - Norne Audio Solv X Cable (Note: Norne's newest flagship, know to offer a "removing of the veil" versus other cables.)

#2 - Q Audio French Silk Cable (Note: Known for their feathery ergonomics and "unhindered" sound.)

#3 - Moon Audio Silver Dragon Cable (Note: Known to create better resolve in most headphones.)

I have heard nothing but good things about all three of these cables and they are all considered to be "top of the line" upgrade cables throughout the community. I know that the TH600's have a very "U-shaped" sound signature so I am looking for the perfect cable to widen their soundstage a bit, make the mids a little more pronounced, and just overall take the steep edges off of the "U-shaped" sound to produce a more neutral experience. Thank you for your time everyone! 
darthsmile.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 6
*Bump* No insight or opinions on this anyone?

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 6
If it helps at all I have the Norne Solv X I use with my HE 400i and they are awesome. Really allows expansion of soundstage and instrument placement. Superb workmanship. I don't have the others you mentioned but I do have the Moon Blue Dragon for my DT1350s, huge improvement over the stock cable. I don't think you'd go wrong with any of these. Maybe pick one for features or even color combinations...? Sorry for your wallet...

Mar 22, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 6
If it helps at all I have the Norne Solv X I use with my HE 400i and they are awesome. Really allows expansion of soundstage and instrument placement. Superb workmanship. I don't have the others you mentioned but I do have the Moon Blue Dragon for my DT1350s, huge improvement over the stock cable. I don't think you'd go wrong with any of these. Maybe pick one for features or even color combinations...? Sorry for your wallet...

I'm not surprised that you really enjoy your Solv X! I have heard nothing but rave reviews about it. Trevor is indeed a true craftsmen. As for Moon Audio, It's good to hear that even their "entry-level" cable sounds great as well! And my wallet accepts your most sincere apology. 
tongue.gif

I think right now I am leaning towards the "French Silk" cable by Q Audio. But we will see if that is actually what I end up purchasing or not!

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 6
I can't speak to what's best for those headphones - I'm not familiar with them.  I use the Moon Silver Dragon on my LCD-3 and it has been sweet.  You might check ALO.  I don't know if they have cables for those phones.  I'm using a set of their "Green" cables on my HE-560s and it's been a marked improvement over the stock cables.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 6
  I can't speak to what's best for those headphones - I'm not familiar with them.  I use the Moon Silver Dragon on my LCD-3 and it has been sweet.  You might check ALO.  I don't know if they have cables for those phones.  I'm using a set of their "Green" cables on my HE-560s and it's been a marked improvement over the stock cables.

Alright, I will check out ALO as well. Thanks for the input! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back