Which headphone best suits me?
Apr 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Don Tonberry

New Head-Fier
Ok, I'm fairly new to the world of Head-Fi. I currently own a pair of JVC HA-S150 (Flats) and they sound decent for their price. However, I'm looking to upgrade from those to something a little bit better. Overall, a balance of overall frequencies is what I want most. I don't want a bass heavy sound but I don't want a thin sound either, I like punchy mids, and the highs should be represented nicely but not too bright. My budget is around $50-60 USD. I'm using it mainly for music playback on my Zune HD (unamped) and sometimes for mixing (cheap home studio). It needs to also be portable enough for daily use, decently comfortable, and I'd prefer closed or semi-closed for isolation.

I'm currently looking at

JVC HA-M750
JVC HA-RX700
Beyerdynamic DT235

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 4
There is the JVC HA-S700, it fits your bill except it is bassy. You can always tone the EQ bass down on the zune. They are only 30$ new on ebay. Amazing set really, one of the best values you can get. I would skip over all the other JVCs listed and go for the has700. The most portable and well rounded set, highs get blurred a little and the bass is fuzzy sometimes but its a dang powerful little set, lightweight and folds up nice, memory foam ear pads.

cant get a better deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back