Which headphone began your headphone journey?
Jul 11, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #76 of 84
Sony e888s were an upgrade for my stock buds, but i didn't think too much of it as being a step into my headphone journy. The MS-2 probably are what have gotten me really moving into the whole headphone thing. since getting them i've been getting various amps and wanting to recable them and wanting to buy more headphones. it's got me moving in the headphone world

Jul 11, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #78 of 84
When I started with listening to cassette tapes, they were with $10 Aiwa earbuds and an Aiwa portable cassette player with Mega Bass. When it came to CDs, there was the Panasonic supra-aurals that came with the portable CD player. I purchased a $30 pair of Aiwa HP-X222s thinking they were good about 3 years ago, and have nicely burned in since then. I now have a pair of Sennheiser HD-280s, which I love and still burning in, but now I have my sights on some HD-650s.

Jul 11, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #80 of 84
I got 'em for Christmas 2004 and even though I had no experience, I wasn't blown away .. not by the holy grail of sound reproduction!
Intrigued by my case of Bose anti-placebo, I went online for Triport reviews, and after sifting through a few "Simply the best." reviews, I stumbled upon this hallowed place, and ended up buying a pair of Koss PortaPros, which gave the Triports (soon to be sold on eBay) a spanking.

Jul 11, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #81 of 84
I bought a pair of Koss PortaPros about three years ago - for work purposes, playing back interviews I'd recorded. I occasionally used them to listen to music on my laptop and thought they sounded great.

Then about 18 months ago I bought an iPod. I'd never really used a portable player much before, but this has since completely revolutionised my listening.

Anyway, I did a quick comparison between the PortaPros and the stock earbuds, and have never listened to the latter again. I was extremely content with those PortaPros for some time. Until i bought a pair of HD280 Pros for home recording and playing the bass without upsetting the neighbours unduly. They sounded so much better, but I never really considereed them a valid portable option.

Somehow I heard about Etymotics canal phones and just had to get some of those. I discovered Head-Fi around that time. Now I've got all of the above mentioned phones, plus Grado 225s, HD25-1, and a SuperMacro amp.
280smile.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 12:08 PM Post #83 of 84
Would you believe . . . a pair of Panasonics from KMart for $19.95, this was in the early nineties. Next pair was a Philips, then Sennheisers. Now I have a 580, 595, 650, 265.
600smile.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #84 of 84
First phones: koss hv1lc from '81, killed one driver - other one's still working.

But the ones that started this 'journey' was nak sp7 (and sr80).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back