Which head/earphone is better?
Mar 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
1.Because I hear a lot of positive stuff on Sennheiser products, and there are some great prices on them at eBay.
2.I never knew you could do that, thanks.

P.S. I have a budget of around ~$45. 

Quote:

I don't have the CX495, but I do have the CX300, which looks very similar. If they're any indicator of the CX495's performance, I'd recommend you not to get these. There's simply too many IEMs that gives you more for the price.

You could take a look at the Brainwavz ProAlphas, which IMO are better than the CX300s in every respect (tighter and punchier bass, less bass bleed into mids but still significant, clearer trebles, better at keeping up with fast-paced music) but still not fitting for my tastes, or the M1, which I've read to be more balanced overall but with less treble extension as a result.

You want to listen to instrumentation, so I suggest that you should search for headphones described to have good separation and positioning. A decent soundstage would help too.

Edit: The Soundmagic PL21, PL30, E10, and E30 have been described as having decent soundstages. I suggest that you look in ljokerl's thread if you haven't already for a more in-depth description. ClieOS IEM thread is also a good source too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back