Which head/earphone is better?
Mar 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

soxorz

New Head-Fier
Sennheiser CX 495 , or the Sennheiser HD 419

. I am looking  for a pair of headphones, but these earphones (sennheiser cx495), looked interesting to me (because I really can't tell spec wise), but so did the headphones (sennheiser hd 419). I don't care what type they where(As in over the head or in ear), but they are in my price range. So I came here for advice on which to get

Edit:I listen to music with accordians, strings and vocals, and trumpets and trombones and what not. also listen to dubstep. Dubstep is known to have lots o bass. So there

Edit: I am disappointed in these forums. Noobs aren't always noobs.

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 18

Quote:
^you must be new here. Beats are terrible. 

The guy above you has been here since 04(what? 28 posts? I don't even). I'm pretty sure he's just bashing the OP for basing it on looks and little research. Not saying I agree with him.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
The guy above you has been here since 04(what? 28 posts? I don't even). I'm pretty sure he's just bashing the OP for basing it on looks and little research. Not saying I agree with him.

it was just the first thing that popped into my head when I read that, its not meant literal.. I don't think he meant he was basing it on looks, I think he meant like spec wise they looked decent.

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 18

Quote:
^you must be new here. Beats are terrible. 

Oh, the irony....
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 18
I decided recommending Beats will be my standard response to people asking about headphones with a registry date of <4 days. If people are too lazy to do a search in the forum, I'm too lazy to actually give them any thoughtful advice. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
I decided recommending Beats will be my standard response to people asking about headphones with a registry date of <4 days. If people are too lazy to do a search in the forum, I'm too lazy to actually give them any thoughtful advice. 

That's actually kind of funny. I read reviews on this site when I was looking for headphones for a while before I actually joined.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #10 of 18

Quote:

I guess you could similarly recommend some insanely expensive IEM (FI-BASS or whatever it was called) and say head-fiers believe in only the best for our ears :p

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 18
People that read don't ask questions as if they haven't read anything. There's a difference between saying "hey, I have an iphone and I want it to sound good lol I have 300 dollars what can I get?" and "I listen to mostly electronica and progressive rock, I hear the Etymotic HF5 is good for that, any recommendation before I pull the plug?" One warrants a warm welcome to the community (which apparently no longer feels sorry for people's wallets, I kinda miss that welcome message) and the other is worth of repeated face palms, guess which one is which.

Quote:
That's actually kind of funny. I read reviews on this site when I was looking for headphones for a while before I actually joined.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #12 of 18
Thanks everyone for your input.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 18
Thanks bro, I could tell you read through my whole post, and without you, I defenitely couldn't decide between the sennheiser HD 419, Beats by dre, or the sennheiser CX 495. 

P.S. I did some research, and there were only a few threads about my choice post on these forums. Please don't assume things. PLEASE.

PLEASE

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
Thanks bro, I could tell you read through my whole post, and without you, I defenitely couldn't decide between the sennheiser HD 419, Beats by dre, or the sennheiser CX 495. 

P.S. I did some research, and there were only a few threads about my choice post on these forums. Please don't assume things. PLEASE.

PLEASE

Haha, responding because of the hilarious number of times you seem to be saying "PLEASE".

Got 2 questions for you:
1. Why are your choices limited to those models?
2. Have you tried searching the forums with your budget as the search term? 

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #15 of 18

1.Because I hear a lot of positive stuff on Sennheiser products, and there are some great prices on them at eBay.
2.I never knew you could do that, thanks.

P.S. I have a budget of around ~$45. 

Quote:
Haha, responding because of the hilarious number of times you seem to be saying "PLEASE".

Got 2 questions for you:
1. Why are your choices limited to those models?
2. Have you tried searching the forums with your budget as the search term? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back