Which HDD is better for Photo Management
May 24, 2005 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

andy2667

Head-Fier
orphsmile.gif
Hello all Head-fier/Headwizer,

I am going to buy a HDD to my daughter in law (live in canada) as a gift. She is a digital camera enthusaist and also love music. Therefor a HDD with quality headphone out and good capability in photo handling is an ideal gift.

I live in Hong Kong and have narrowed my choices to:

1. 30g Ipod Photo: said to be not very competent in photo handling and is relatively expensive. No international warranty.

2. Iriver H340: A little big in size and not as elegant as ipod. However, good functionality (FM + line in + line out + movie support) and good accessories (with card reader, line in cable, line remote control, protective bag. With international warranty.

3. Toshiba Gigabeat F60 : Not expensive in HK approx USD450. Good monitor. Slim and elegant. Don't knoe photo management capability. Don't know if it can handle movie. No international warranty. Less function compared with Iriver.

Any recommendations for chosing the above or recommendation for other models (the above models are all I know that can handle photos).

First priority is photo management, 2nd is sound, third is functionality and accessories.

Although I have been a headphone lover for years and have a good collection in old discman/MDP, I have no experience in HDD players.

Thank you for your opinion.

Andy
eggosmile.gif

May 24, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 2
from experience....

1. Olympus MR-500, if photo-management is your top priority. lots of on-board capability, but no memory card slots or USB on-the-go for downloading in the field..

http://www.dapreview.net/content.php?review.176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back