Which front end / media program should I use to display my Media (XBMC, Windows Media Center, Plex?)
Mar 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ChinBo37

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am setting up my NAS and my new Media PC. I really want to set up some sort of Media Center or Front end for my visual media. This will basically be for movies, Anime, TV shows, music videos and maybe emulated games. It will NOT be for music as this will be either be played by J River or media Monkey (unless this can be integrated into any media center?)

Anyways I did research on this a couple of months ago and I decided to go with XBMC. However when I tried to set it up I had a lot of problems and generally I didnt really like the interface/OS. I like Windows a lot and windows based stuff. Should I try Windows Media Center? What about Plex? Can anyone give me advice or some guidance?

Thank you

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2 of 2
I am using plex with chromecast for videos and squeezebox touch for audio. Both are plug and play and the interface is really nice. Plex for music isn't that great in my opinion when you have a very large library. The sorting features are awful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back