Which foobar2k Resampler do you prefer?
May 2, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #16 of 18
Strangely enough, i had the resampler disabled because i'm using my roland sp-555 as an audio interface... but i played a file recently that was 48khz and foobar couldn't play it because the roland wouldn't support it ... so i turned on the resampler in foobar and it played, but i did notice on my other songs that they didn't sound as good with the foobar resampler enabled.

May 2, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael.Warrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strangely enough, i had the resampler disabled because i'm using my roland sp-555 as an audio interface... but i played a file recently that was 48khz and foobar couldn't play it because the roland wouldn't support it ... so i turned on the resampler in foobar and it played, but i did notice on my other songs that they didn't sound as good with the foobar resampler enabled.

Yeah, it's really a YMMV sort of thing. Depending on the system, your ears, your music etc. it may sound better or worse. I don't think anyone would argue that a software Resampler such as SSRC is superior to a physical, external DAC and/or Resampler -- however, I do think they (software resamplers) provide higher fidelity (as compared to a 16/44.1 output) in certain situations. You have to be able to trust your ears though; I don't think there's a golden standard or anything as far as what kHz sampling rate sounds 'best' or whatever. IME FWIW YMMV
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #18 of 18
does anyone have a precompiled rabbit code that they could put on zshare or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back