Which flash MP3 player for working out?
Mar 13, 2005 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ymer

500+ Head-Fier
The smaller the better, I'd like to hide it either under my sleeve or in my pocket.

I like the MPIO FL300, but there are so many complaints about it... but it's only 1.9"! That's awesome.

Is there anything similar that works as supposed?

I don't really need a lot of memory, of the corse, the more the better, but 256Mb+ will do.

Thanks
600smile.gif

Mar 13, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ymer
The smaller the better, I'd like to hide it either under my sleeve or in my pocket.

I like the MPIO FL300, but there are so many complaints about it... but it's only 1.9"! That's awesome.

Is there anything similar that works as supposed?

I don't really need a lot of memory, of the corse, the more the better, but 256Mb+ will do.

Thanks
600smile.gif

If it's just working out you should consider the shuffle. It is so small you'll hardly know it's there. Good sound too.

If you want things like a screen and crappy FM radio then there are tons of other brands but I'd say IMO the Shuffle (despite all the things it's not) is perfect for the gym.

ZT

Mar 13, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT
If it's just working out you should consider the shuffle. It is so small you'll hardly know it's there. Good sound too.

If you want things like a screen and crappy FM radio then there are tons of other brands but I'd say IMO the Shuffle (despite all the things it's not) is perfect for the gym.

ZT

The problem with the shuffle is I like to listen to whole albums, not a random mess.

I don't really need crappy FM radio at all. Just small, lightweight, good sounding flash based MP3 player.

Any other ideas?

Mar 13, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

The problem with the shuffle is I like to listen to whole albums, not a random mess.

I don't really need crappy FM radio at all. Just small, lightweight, good sounding flash based MP3 player.

Any other ideas?

Fair enough but you should think of another reason to not consider the Shuffle. It has a switch on the back with three settings 1. Off 2. Normal play (put an album on and it will play it in order) and 3. The "random mess" setting.

biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 11
Omg, you're right
smily_headphones1.gif

Should read the specs first. Always.

What about the MuVo FX FM? It records voice, plays crappy FM, has an LCD, works as a pen drive, is smaller and costs just about the same for 512Mb.

Thanks
600smile.gif

Mar 14, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Any other ideas?

Any of the muvo's will do well for you. i dont know much about the irivers and iaudio's but they supposedly have great sound plus a bunch of other features.

Mar 14, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #7 of 11
I highly recommend the iAudio U2. I own one myself in 256Mb size.

The U2 comes in a variety of sizes from 256Mb to 1GB. It has best sound of any flash player (iAudio has had this reputation for a while). It has an actual screen, unlike the "Imhot Scruffle". The screen is very nice and easy to understand. Navigation is intuitive ad super. It drags and drops music direct from your PC. Basically it does everything its supposed to do - well.

Its just a good piece of digital audio equipment made by people who have a track record of producing outstanding sound quality from every player they havw ever put out. Thats all that iAudio do. They are not trying to suck you into buying a computer system, they are not trying to funnel you to any music store. They just live or die on selling top notch digital audio - and they have a very good reputation at it.

Mar 14, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #8 of 11
The Creative MuVo's are great...256 and its TINY, good sound and the best part I'd say is the transportability, its just like a flash drive.

That said, I can strongly tell you to avoid the Rio flash based players, even if they are upgradeable memory wise, I've had nothing but problems with my Cali 256, to the point where I had to repair it myself.

A side note, a few of the girls I coach (runners/gym etc) are going for the iPod mini...at $160 for 4 gigs, it looks REAL attractive. They've had zero complaints about skips etc. Food for thaught I guess.

Mar 14, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oga
The U2 comes in a variety of sizes from 256Mb to 1GB. It has best sound of any flash player (iAudio has had this reputation for a while).

Some of the iAudios look great, but have there been any tests on this 'best sound'? Just curious where this rep is had? Haven't heard very many comments on them here or other sites I've visited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back