Which FLAC Player for my ATH-M50X?
Aug 13, 2014 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

finnschi

New Head-Fier
So, I just ordered my ATH-M50X and I need help choosing a Portable audio player.

What I want:

1. Enough power to drive my cans, I do not want an external Amp, I dont listen to music very loudly either. 
2. FLAC/WAV support
3. at Least 32GB of memory, Flash Only. (Expendable is a bonus)
4. No Touch screen.
5. Good smooth interface
6. Manual controls, I want to be able to change to the next track while the player is in my pocket, without taking it out first, it needs to 

I am listening to all kinds of music, Techno as well as Metal and Rap/Trap , its Gucci Mane right next to System of a Down and Len Faki   :)  Mostly CDs or Vinyls Ripped as 48Khz 24bit FLAC, some older Wav Rips are also in the mix  as well as some Online exclusive 320Kbit mp3s ..

it would be awesome if you can recommend  some players, I like the Fiio X3 but the interface does not look very polished, the Sansa Clip+ does look good as well, although i am scared that the amp might not have enough power.   Maybe someone can chime in?  (i am used to the speed and awesome UI of the iPod...)

I am willing to spend around $200 

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 3
Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB, with a 32Gn micro-SD memory card.
Install the Rockbox firmware.
The Clip Zip can decently drive my 62-Ohm Sony MDR-V6s, so should be ok with the 50-Ohm ATH-M50X.
You could always daisy chain a FiiO E11K headphone amplifier ($65) to the Clip Zip optional).

FiiO Will be coming out with the X1 in the near future, $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back