Which first?
Dec 9, 2004 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fizzmix

100+ Head-Fier
Alright,

So my plan is to buy a new CDP (likely the Ultimate modded Music Hall CD-25), an Amp (likely the Corda Prehead MkII SE), and some Headphones (likely the Sennheiser HD650).

I already have a CDP, but it's quite terrible (5 disc Sony DVD changer).

I can only afford the Headphones and either the CDP or Amp for now.

The CDP I'm looking at doesn't have a headphone out, but I have an adaptor, so that I can plug my headphones into it directly.

Now, since I already have a CDP, albeit crap, should I get the Amp first?

Or since my CDP is such crap, should I get a new one now, and the Amp later?

I'd say I'll be able to get the last component, whether it be Amp or CDP in about 3 months.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Fizzmix

Dec 9, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzmix
Alright,

So my plan is to buy a new CDP (likely the Ultimate modded Music Hall CD-25), an Amp (likely the Corda Prehead MkII SE), and some Headphones (likely the Sennheiser HD650).

I already have a CDP, but it's quite terrible (5 disc Sony DVD changer).

I can only afford the Headphones and either the CDP or Amp for now.

The CDP I'm looking at doesn't have a headphone out, but I have an adaptor, so that I can plug my headphones into it directly.

Now, since I already have a CDP, albeit crap, should I get the Amp first?

Or since my CDP is such crap, should I get a new one now, and the Amp later?

I'd say I'll be able to get the last component, whether it be Amp or CDP in about 3 months.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Fizzmix

Given your choice of cans (HD650) and amp Prehead MkII SE), my recommendation is to go for those straight away, then catch up with the source as budget allows.

I am a big source counts guy, but you have chosen such an excellent pairing of amp + cans that they will make the biggest hit for you at this point.

After you settle in with how great all that sounde, you can kick it up another notch with a source upgrade.

Have fun ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back